• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

good font for parking lot signs

slappy

doing some for a business and they are basically reflective 18x12 .080 aluminum Grimco Blanks that will have "who gets to park here" in this spot type sign. what would be a good font to use you think for these. example:

General Manager

President

Secretary to President

Assistant to the Business Manager

i've looked through a few times through all my fonts,.. but so many to choose i cannot make up my mind:banghead:

round man

from my experience with crowd control signage and parking directional signage, folks tend to pay better attention to standard fonts like those used on govt signage,...any attempts to get "design fancy" to gain attention are not functional, stick with the standard helvetica condensed or impact type fonts used by municipalities on standard type parking signage,people tend to follow rules when they are posted in the same manner they are used to and or associate with normal enforcement

slappy

thanks for the suggestions and input,
i'm already cutting the font i listed.

here is how it looks however... i don't think i'm reinventing the wheel, just wanted something legible while still enforcing direction.

Eric, i also download the highway font you linked, nice:thumb:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
thanks for the suggestions and input,
i'm already cutting the font i listed.

here is how it looks however... i don't think i'm reinventing the wheel, just wanted something legible while still enforcing direction.

Eric, i also download the highway font you linked, nice:thumb:

Your Kozuka Gothic looks a lot like Myriad...

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Roadway / Blue Highway / Highway Gothic / Roadgeek

are basically all just the same series of fonts.

We paid for the Blue Highway set and found that the lettershapes and kerning were quite poor -- its kerning seems to have been set up for magazine titles instead of for ultimate-readability traffic work and warning signs.

I've found that the Roadgeek series seems to be the best quality.