• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good, inexpensive print vinyl?

catldavis

I'm new to car wrapping and I'm looking for a relatively good, inexpensive print vinyl to use to practice printing and wrapping. Obviously I don't want to use some of the better 3M or other vinyls for practice. I know at one time there was a company that sponsored here out of Atlanta that had a private label air release vinyl that was well spoken off but I can't recall their name or even know if they are still in business (or a sponsor).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
General Formulations' AutoMark springs immediately to mind. There are a number of merchant members here who could probably offer a low-cost material for this use.
I'd also suggest contacting your regular suppliers and asking for sample rolls of the high end material/laminate so you can practice with it, too.

catldavis

General Formulations' AutoMark springs immediately to mind. There are a number of merchant members here who could probably offer a low-cost material for this use.
I'd also suggest contacting your regular suppliers and asking for sample rolls of the high end material/laminate so you can practice with it, too.

Thanks GaSouthpaw for the reply. I'll check out the recommended vinyl.

GraphicsSource

+1 for automark with automark lam. It's a good print vinyl that you can wrap with but I use it mostly for decals sets and box trucks (not too many curves).

It's also great for general use such as window graphics and other outdoor applications.

strypguy

I wasn't super happy with Instant One Medias Calendered vinyl but I did get a little of their cast vinyl to test out. It prints just fine and I installed some decals on my work truck over a year ago and it looks just as good as the day I installed. I laminated with 290G Oracal. They have a special on their website 54" x 150' for $239. John

dale911

President
There is a huge difference between installing auto mark and installing a quality wrap film like 3m or Orafol. But if you can do automark well, then "real" cast wrap vinyl will be a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
There is a huge difference between installing auto mark and installing a quality wrap film like 3m or Orafol. But if you can do automark well, then "real" cast wrap vinyl will be a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I suggested it- if you can install the "more difficult" products, the premium ones should be no problem. (Though I will say that AutoMark is an easy install).

Bly

I wouldn't try learning to wrap with calendared.
It's hard enough with cast when don't know what you're doing.