• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good L shaped Desk

MatthewTimothy

Ive had many cheap L shaped desks but after the years the cheap wood warps from usage and leaving a laptop on it. So was just curious where some of you may get your L shaped desks, price, links, and what you think are the pros and cons of some companies' desks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We replaced ours with a home made steel sliding shelf. No warp on that baby. Or maybe it was aluminum. I don't remember anymore, but it's been there for like 15 years.

GB2

Old Member
Try the Gallant series at Ikea for a very economical and sturdy desk. I'm about to outfit 4 new offices with that line. The tops are fully supported with a steel framework that absolutely will not warp.

Zzyzx

We bought many desks from auctions, most were going out of business auctions. We also got some good work tables. You should be able to find old design that are in almost new condition. The prices can be very low.
Good Luck!
Chuck

2B

we opted to build our own desks / work tables .

If you are decent with construction you can make whatever size/shape you want/need

Pat Whatley

Used furniture stores, thrift stores, Craigslist or look for a used store fixture seller (I'm sure a place the size of Nashville has more than one

The resale value of desks is virtually nothing. You can probably pick up a good, solid wood unit for about the same price as new particle board.