• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Google Local

cgsigns_jamie

I created a listing a few years ago and have had very good results with it. Most of our newer customers found us by searching for "Signs" on Google.

I just noticed the Coupon feature though... that seems very useful. I just created one for 25% off printed banners, I'm interested to see if anyone will take advantage of it.

Oh.. the best part is that it's FREE!! So there's no excuse not to create a listing for your business.

iSign

Google let me add youtube videos, so I had 5 youtube videos already set up as slide show galleries of 5 different areas of my business, because that is what I used to have embedded in my blog, before Joe Diaz turned me on to the slideshow pro plugin for wordpress...

So, basically, those 5 slideshow videos were easy pickin's to get a stronger presence in the Google listing, but the links do open up in my youtube channel, instead of remaining embedded in my Google listing...

My question is about youtube... I know everything out there on the net is pretty much "out there", and you can't always un-ring a bell, or put a genie back in a bottle...

...so if I ever wanted to clean up my presence in a place like signs101... fergetaboudit!

...but how about youtube? I only have my one famous big squeegee video with me cussing with joy at getting a lamination done... it's not really all that bad, but it is the one thing on my youtube channel that is not quite in keeping with the professional image I would want associated with my brand.

Does anyone know if I could make a second channel & move videos from one channel to the other, to separate biz from personal for example? (or to "hide" that one video)

iSign

cannot you click the remove button?
and then reup it to another account?

hmm, I swear I looked for that before asking here, but I was in the single video viewing screen... this time, from the channel view of all 27 video thumbnails & descriptions, I was surprised to see a download button (that's good too, because resubmitting would have been impossible otherwise since I never kept that original).. and a "delete" button... so, I wiped out my 6800 views tally, but it was a small concern for my business image, so it's done!

Then I set up a new google account, with a new gmail addy & a new youtube channel. Since my main website is islandsign.com & my blog is islandsignmaui.com I figured my main youtube channel can remain islandsign & the new one is islandsignmaui

So, thanks! ...that was easy

sgns4u

Ok maybe I need Google for Dummies, IDK. I acted as though I was a customer looking for signs. I thought if I went to googlelocal.com I would type in the zip code and What I am searching for.

But when I search SIGNS all I get is some suggestions for other search engines to search for signs.

Am I wrong on how google local works???

Do I have to know a name of a company to search for? I can do that on yellow book.

Thanks!

binki

we have been using it for a few months now and we have a lot of our business now coming from internet searches, this one included.

CES020

Ok maybe I need Google for Dummies, IDK. I acted as though I was a customer looking for signs. I thought if I went to googlelocal.com I would type in the zip code and What I am searching for.

But when I search SIGNS all I get is some suggestions for other search engines to search for signs.

Googlelocal.com is not google. It's a ripoff of their name. Google local is a feature of normal google. It brings you up in things like the map when people are using search along with the map and some other things like that.

rm25x

Right, just go to www.google.com and type in signs. You will see a little map in the results and it will show local sign shops.

I have been set up with google local for a few months now, and have had a few people contact me from it.