• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Gosign problems

SignHouseNL

I have just bought a new Roland VG2-540 with the orange and green colours, and a Summa S2 T140 cutter.
I use Adobe cc and Signlab 9.1 as design software and, from Illustrator, start using the Gosign and Winplot plugin to comminucate with the Summa. I run Windows 10.
So from Illustrator send the printfile to Versaworks, and the cut file to Gosign.

My problem, when sending a cut file from Illustrator to Gosign or Winplot it also sends all the layers that are not vissable and dont need to be cut. I actually have to delete all the layers wich dont need to be cut. Then while sending to Gosign, Illustrator somtimes undo's the last steps in the layout. So it throws back the deleted layers by itselfe. It also somtimes automaticly, while sending it to Gosign, saves the layout with only the cut file in it. When i'm not aware of that, and close the file my complete design is gone!! So there are some majure problems with Gosign and Winplot on my system.

I also have problems putting registration marks around the parts that have to be cut. When I use this option it puts marks around the complete design instead of only the part that has to be cut.
Also when I have a photo with clippingmask. Lets say the actual foto is 80 x 80 inch wide. But with the clippingmask its only 30 x 30 inch wide. It stil puts registration marks surounding the 80 x 80 inch area.

Is there a solution to these problems?
Another question; is there a rip software that supports the Roland orange and green configuration and also communicates with the Summa and even puts registrationmarks in the design?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I don’t use any plugins for illy etc but a lot of this sounds like potential user error. I.e. if you know winplot is seeing hidden layers, save a new file without those layers.

Are you also saying that once you open the file in winplot the actual file disappears? Sounds like a reinstall/repair is in order but I would definitely make copies before doing any work.

As far as print and cut software goes, I use onyx. Not sure the capabilities of versaworks but all I need to do is make a cut line (spot colour) called CutContour and open the file in onyx, onyx will automatically generate a barcode etc and send the file to summa cutter control. No making registration marks over and over on every job.

Then when loading a roll filled with all different jobs and barcodes, the summa just reads each one and cuts all the different files without user intervention. Very automated.

SignHouseNL

Thanks.
Versaworks does the same thing. Only Versaworks is a Roland software. So it does not communicate with a Summa device.
Does Onyx support the orange and green configuration?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I would maybe email them and caldera and find out. With that you can use any (most) models of printer and any supporter cutter pretty much hassle free.

We used to use mimaki’s rasterlink and that was a huge PITA too. Now pretty much hassle free with onyx. I can print rolls on both the printers and they’ll both cut on the summa fine.

That and I can’t tell you how much time I’ve saved not having to step jobs up then place cut marks in illy lol

Adhoore

In GoSign you can change the way it imports files. That will allow you to ignore certain colors or layers.

gosign-exclude-layer.png