• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GoSign Question - Cutting multiple small jobs at once

ml4cs

I am messing around with goSign and trying to figure out how to cut multiple small jobs at once. We have been using vinylmaster with our other cutter (titan stepper) and we are able to load all the different files, sizes, quantities for a single color job and it will auto nest them to cut as efficiently as possible.

We just snagged a great used summa D75 which cuts amazingly fast and accurate, but it seems to want to cut as soon as I send something. Example, I send a small 4 inch decal to cut on a 24" roll, then I send a different 6 inch decal, it doesn't cut the next item to the left of it, it cuts it above it, not using the 20" of space left over to the side, not making efficient use of the media.

Is this something I am just missing? is there a "spool" function where I can drop all the files to cut and it will cut them as efficiently as possible in the space? Not tons of great info out there on Gosign, it seems to be fairly easy to use but this one thing I can't figure out.

Adhoore

GoSign doesn't have "nesting" functionality. This is normally handled by RIP software, like Vinylmaster, Onyx, Flexi...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I send a small 4 inch decal to cut on a 24" roll, then I send a different 6 inch decal, it doesn't cut the next item to the left of it, it cuts it above it, not using the 20" of space left over to the side, not making efficient use of the media.
Go edit the output macro. There should be a option not to feed the material after cutting.