• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In Got a Kick outta this one..............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do a lotta municipalities and county vehicles, emergency and police vehicles and such. In the last few years, we've had to go along with their new tactics of paying invoices.

Seems, they've all come up with this new policy of entering the invoice for payment at the next township meeting or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods, and they 'aye' it to be paid at the next meeting. Seems it now takes about 2 months to get most checks for lettering these things..... which I'm alright with, just don't like it very much. Just a way for them to put off paying for things right away.

So, we did a large trailer a while back and it took the normal 2 months to get paid, however, they overpaid by a few hundred dollars. So, I just sat on it, waiting for them to call.

It took about 3 days and they called Monday, wanting to know where their overpaid balance check was. I calmly said, it will go into next month's paperwork as you already missed this month's meeting. Then, it will be processed and sent out for payment at our following meeting. You should have your $308. by late October or no later than November.

Total silence and then she said..... WHAT ???? What do you mean ?? We must have that overpayment immediately. I said, well, that's what you guys do. She said, but not you. You must give us that payment immediately.

Okay, we'll get on it right away, just for you, but it will take the rest of the week, til we do the books on that sorta stuff.

By the way, Rebecca, that is a crazy way of doing business, huh ?? She said, yeah, I know, but our hands are tied.

Now, this is not a political thread, just a funny thing that happened to us, so please don' take this down the ol' political highway and ruin another thread. This was entered just to hear other peoples' renditions of getting the runaround by the authorities.
:wavingflag:

BillyBoy86

this has nothing to do with the money end of it, but i live in a small town....400 or so people, and the council people like to feel like they are in control. So i decided to wash my car the other day, which i had a set of magnetic signs on. i took the magnets off and stuck them on my garage door and the secretary of the boro (despite being a neighbor since i was 5 years old) saw my t-shirt with the same logo while at the post office.
so she stops me and says "oh, now i know who you are, we'll be addressing you at the boro meeting tonight"
me: "for what"
"you can't run a business out of that garage unless you apply for a variance"

Marlene

this has nothing to do with the money end of it, but i live in a small town....400 or so people, and the council people like to feel like they are in control. So i decided to wash my car the other day, which i had a set of magnetic signs on. i took the magnets off and stuck them on my garage door and the secretary of the boro (despite being a neighbor since i was 5 years old) saw my t-shirt with the same logo while at the post office.
so she stops me and says "oh, now i know who you are, we'll be addressing you at the boro meeting tonight"
me: "for what"
"you can't run a business out of that garage unless you apply for a variance"

WOW, what a jerk! Go to that meeting and address her position and how she has over stepped her job.

BillyBoy86

WOW, what a jerk! Go to that meeting and address her position and how she has over stepped her job.
trust me, this is only one of several issues i have with this woman. but i just went home and moved the magnets inside, as i am NOT running a business out of the garage

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We do a lot of work for a private university. If I submit an invoice before Tuesday at noon, I can expect a check by Friday afternoon.

Doesn't matter if it's for $25.00 or $15,000...they all go through like clockwork.

Obviously, they're our best customer...ever.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of ours are like that, too. Only the municipalities take advantage of us. We have one company pays out every Tuesday and Thursday, so in some cases I can have it the next day. I like those big ones.