• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got to love customers

tsgstl

Usually I really try and not work on the weekend. We are a family run outfit and Saturdays are for me and my lil man to spend all day together.
Have a customer that wants his converted school bus limo wrapped. Today was the only day to come in for a sit down. I explained I only had til noon to get something hammered out so we were supposed to meet at 10. I just had "that feeling" that he would be a no show. Kept texting and texting with no replies to see if we were still on. Keep in mind we had no plans on confirming the appointment. My wife convinces me to try calling him so I do, no answer. Dressed and out the door and on my way to the shop and I get a one word text "no"
Now I will have to either act like "oh it was no big deal" or just figure this is the kind of customer he is going to be and treat him as such. Most likely the last option.

d fleming

I very rarely give anyone the chance to waste my time more than Once. Life's too short and I'm too lazy.

ThinkRight

I will have to either act like "oh it was no big deal" or just figure this is the kind of customer he is going to be and treat him as such. Most likely the last option.

Both
And if he does come back and want anything else...
Make him pay the PITA rate.
As for going in after hours to help a customer...
Part of being a successful business owner.
Going above and beyond is what makes people stand out in business and in life. And it does not always work out for the best .Just smile and move on.
:toasting:

petrosgraphics

as thinkright said, it is all part of doing business.. many times, stayed late, be there in 5
minutes, 20 min. 1/2 hour later, customer finally shows-up... in the long run there truly is a balance...
the same is true for ourselves... we try to be on time, try to make the appointment...
there are times when it does not work out, we cancel and reschedule...

yes, life is short, family is truly important, but your business is a part of your family,
it provides the means needed, for you and your family.....

tsgstl

I go in early and stay late daily. That's why Saturday mornings are so important to me. I go in almost once every weekend. But I got in business on my own to avoid undeserved butt kissing. So when it happens I'm going to vent about it. He is almost a hour away, we all know he would of never went out of his way to let me know if I wouldn't of bugged him. I haven't met this guy yet but his actions to this point already gave me the feeling he was going to be a PITA

Pat Whatley

10:15 I would have tried to call him. If he didn't answer I'd send him a text. At 10:30 if I still hadn't heard from him I'd go on with my life. After that he's got to figure out a way to come in during regular business hours.

tsgstl

That's what today's sit down was about. I went to get my measurements and the paint is falling off (it's at a Maaco) I refused wrapping it in its current state and we were going to go over other options. Only logo he could give was off of his web site home page. He keeps calling me back though.

mikefine

Is he a customer or a prospect? This crosses the line. He was rude and disrespectful. I am not sure I would respond at all, but I certainly wouldn't act like it was no big deal.
But I don't think you will hear from him again. If he wants to meet with you, it will have to be on your terms....

I did a similar thing a few weeks ago. I went out on a sales call on a Sunday, at my prospect's convenience...I usually qualify the appointment better on the phone, but she had a heavy accent, so I thought I would take a shot in person. She met me, but
it ended up being a big waste of time -- made worse by cutting into family time. I feel your pain, brother -- it gets old.

tsgstl

More of a prospect
And he too has a heavy accent
I gave him the first shot, he just keeps calling. And I keep getting "I am in a huge rush for this"

401Graphics

Ahhh haaaaaaaa! Its def the heavy accent. Anytime i get a call and can barely understand them i know its going to be a PITA customer that wants everything for nothing. At that moment i double my prices then when they ask for a lower price i go a little lower, but never below my reg price.

tsgstl

Well I ahhh
Lets just say I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt til they prove otherwise.

tsgstl

Well I ahhh
Lets just say I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt til they prove otherwise.

mikefine

Not only an accent, the husband's (owner's) name was ELVIS. I should have known better. And Elvis' wife kept calling me too, but I am always hungrier this time of year.
Now that the quote and ideas have been submitted, Elvis' wife has left the building -- so to speak.

Enjoy the rest of the day with your lil man!

rjssigns

Existing client or not you get 15 minutes after the appointed time. Yeah I'm a hard as* but I have other things to do. Like take care of jobs from paying clients that actually showed up.

With all the forms of communication in this "digital age" I feel there are flat out no excuses for poor communication anymore. Other than being in the ER or dead.

I have talked about communication to many of my clients and bounced what I learned off my brother.(he manages a division of a Fortune 100 company)

He put it best: "When you are spending money with them they are incessant. When they need to spend money with you they cease to exist".

klingsdesigns

Makes me feel better that its not just me that get these kind of customers... Somedays you wonder why you bend over backwards for people. Then i remember i have bills to pay. ;)

ThinkRight

Makes me feel better that its not just me that get these kind of customers... Somedays you wonder why you bend over backwards for people. Then i remember i have bills to pay. ;)

How is the weather LaCrosse today ?
Last time I was there a few years ago I wanted to go ice fishing so bad.