• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient Colors Not Matching

K2

Ok so the more I use Flexi Production Manager to RIP the more irritated I get. I am doing a logo (A/C Company) and it has red in it along with a gradient red to blue bar (typical Heat & Air) at bottom. My problem comes in when I print, the red in the logo is correct red color but the gradient bar is orange red. My red is set to be red 1/3 of the way down the bar so roughly a third of my bar should match, but, it is not. Any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When saving gradients to a file like an .EPS file, it converts the gradient to a bitmap. If your rendering intents for vector and bitmap are different, it will interpret them differently and print differently. Make the rendering intent for bitmap the same as the vector rendering intent and it should fix the issue.

shoresigns

My suggestion would be to post your production file and a clear photo of what came out of the printer, so we have a little more info to diagnose your problem.

EDIT: Yes, it could be your rendering intents on raster vs vector. I don't understand why that was ever implemented on RIPs as a standard setting as it causes far more problems than it fixes. Should be buried in an advanced menu in the application.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
EDIT: Yes, it could be your rendering intents on raster vs vector. I don't understand why that was ever implemented on RIPs as a standard setting as it causes far more problems than it fixes. Should be buried in an advanced menu in the application.

The only time I have ever messed with rendering intents was to fix the problems it creates!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you created the gradient in Flexi be sure to use CMYK rather than RGB. RGB gradients do not print well. As far as rendering intents, set everything but bitmaps to 'No Color Correction', or if that choice is not available, to 'Saturation'. Set bitmaps to 'Perceptual'. These settings will get you as close to 'what you see is what you get' as you're likely to achieve. Pay little heed to the coloristas and their endlessly convoluted advice.