• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradients in Flexi 10.5.1 shifting

os101king

Ok. So why, when I have gradients assigned to a group do they shift without me selecting and modifying them? I've been hampered by this for too long, it's time to learn why this happens. In some cases, I can simply copy a group out with ctrl-click and drag and all the gradients contained in BOTH copies INSTANTLY shift to solid color. If I select anything in the group it will still show a gradient, but if I use the tool in Fill/Stroke Editor to 'pull' the gradient across the object it just stays a solid color while indicating that it's still a gradient. It happens with "transform with object" selected and unselected. It happens most times and then not others. I cannot retrieve the gradients with "UNDO" either, they stay shifted. What am I doing to cause this? I am losing hair quickly at this point, it seems completely INSANE to link the gradients like this.... less insane than incompetent programming really. Any thoughts or questions?

thewood

Ok. So why, when I have gradients assigned to a group do they shift without me selecting and modifying them? I've been hampered by this for too long, it's time to learn why this happens. In some cases, I can simply copy a group out with ctrl-click and drag and all the gradients contained in BOTH copies INSTANTLY shift to solid color. If I select anything in the group it will still show a gradient, but if I use the tool in Fill/Stroke Editor to 'pull' the gradient across the object it just stays a solid color while indicating that it's still a gradient. It happens with "transform with object" selected and unselected. It happens most times and then not others. I cannot retrieve the gradients with "UNDO" either, they stay shifted. What am I doing to cause this? I am losing hair quickly at this point, it seems completely INSANE to link the gradients like this.... less insane than incompetent programming really. Any thoughts or questions?

This issue goes back to at least Flexi 7. Sometimes, it happens. Sometimes, it doesn't. No rhyme or reason but frustrating. If I am working on complex gradients that I want to copy, I often step and repeat them rather than copy just to avoid this issue.

os101king

Ok this is exactly the answer that will have me finding the half-witted programmers that wrote this ****-ware and doing bloody murder on them. SERIOUSLY? Thousands of dollars, and it just happens? That's the answer I was afraid of... I was sincerely hoping that I was the idiot. Anyone else have experience with it?

Last edited:

FTG

Same happens here, they seem to do whatever they want and of course I never notice the shift until after I send the job, gotta love Flexi.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Because of the self inflicted pain only real men design in Flexi.
I wimp out and use Corel or ILLy - just use the Flexi Program Manager to handle the printing/cutting.