• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grahtec FC7000 cutting abnormally

whatsinaname

I have a graphtec FC-7000MK2 with Illustrator. Off late it has started cutting straight lines with curves. Pls check the attached picture of a rounded rectangle cut on a oracal Vinyl where the upper line is straight one but the bottom one is a curved one..Both were supposed to be straight ones. And it happens randomly in different artworks.

In the attached image, this particular rounded rectangle is the problem.

Even in the test cuts, one of the lines in the outer Square is a curved one although the inside triangle looks ok.

I had meddled with the offset settings without any help which was set to Zero when things were fine.Even tried changing the Force and speed settings.

what's could be wrong.I have tried changing the Blades without any help.

Attachments

• 01092008503.jpg
    01092008503.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 196

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I assume you're referring to the bottom line on the lozenge shape. Is this in the X or Y direction? Are the malfeasant cuts always in one direction or in both X and Y?

Is the blade holder worn? Is it properly installed? Is it tight in the tool carriage? Have you greased the little ball bearings in the blade holder lately?

Have you blown the dust and debris out of your tool carriage lately? Is the tool carriage tiding snugly on the ways?

Are your feed rollers clean? Are you using the high tension/pressure setting? Is it the same for all of the feed rollers?