• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grainy Print on SP-300V

anwarshah

Can anyone help with a problem of grainy print on Roland SP-300V.
I am using orajet 3551 for a long time with the color profile from Oracal also.
Perfect media no problems.
Recently I moved the machine from PA to TX and did go thru the procedure
outlined in Rolands SP-300V manual when transporting, draining the ink and
replenishing the ink back again.

Thanks a bunch.

greysquirrel

a pic could help. How old is the material? "white dots" usually mean not enough heat for pores to open...run the test file from versaworks, how does that look?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Moving to a new climate will change the way your printer prints. Like stated above, up the heat and make sure your material didn't get a bunch of dust on in during the move. Other than that, you may just need to try some new profiles due to the environment change. I use the Orajet 3641 profile a lot up here in dry, thin air Denver. I used the same profile on the same machine in Seattle and it laid way too much ink down and pooled up on the vinyl like yours is. The humidity change made it harder for the ink to dry fast enough.

anwarshah

Moving to a new climate will change the way your printer prints. Like stated above, up the heat and make sure your material didn't get a bunch of dust on in during the move. Other than that, you may just need to try some new profiles due to the environment change. I use the Orajet 3641 profile a lot up here in dry, thin air Denver. I used the same profile on the same machine in Seattle and it laid way too much ink down and pooled up on the vinyl like yours is. The humidity change made it harder for the ink to dry fast enough.

Any suggestions what profile to use in Houston?