• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GRAMPA DAN "INSPIRED" Sign Holder

RogueRoller

Charlie Here,
Well I got wild hair on Saturday. So I put together a new sign holder for the front porch. I now have it hard shelled and with the base colors put on it. all I have to do now is get out the Air Brushed and put the fine detail on it. (NOT FINISHED IN PICS)

So what I will have is the raccoon trying to get to my sign hanging on the nub branch on the front. the sign will let people know if

The Sign Crafter Is In
or
Out Back Fishing

Love Dans work and was thinking of his art when I came up with the idea.
(Thanks for being my Muse Dan) :supersmilie:

Well thought I would share

Still have to make the sign to hang on it.
I'll post a final pick after air-brushing.

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 131
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 111

RogueRoller

Thanks now I'm thinking about making another stump with some baby coons trying to help mom off with the sign that will be hanging from it. As if she is teaching them the art of being a raccoon (Thief) :Big Laugh

Had some people see it already today i really should finish the painting of the first one.

Circleville Signs

Your work is stellar, as always Charlie. I'm working on my first foam piece currently in between everything else I have going on. I'll shoot it your way when it's finished for a critique :)

SignManiac

Charlie that's looking really good! I've had a house sign designed for the past few months and was struggling with how to build it. After reading all of your threads and speaking with you on the phone, I decided to give you techniques a try.

Here's the sign I plan to make. I'm going to weld a metal armature and use foam with the hard coat on it. I can't wait to get it done!

Attachments

• The Swamp.jpg
    The Swamp.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 96

RogueRoller

Charlie that's looking really good! I've had a house sign designed for the past few months and was struggling with how to build it. After reading all of your threads and speaking with you on the phone, I decided to give you techniques a try.

Here's the sign I plan to make. I'm going to weld a metal armature and use foam with the hard coat on it. I can't wait to get it done!

That is alllsssoooommmmeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I want that at the end of my drive and the tree around 15' Tall
Call me if you need some help with how to pull it off.

I love It!:U Rock:

SignManiac

I thought I was done with it, but after seeing your coon, I think I'm going to tweak the design and have an alligator curled up around the bottom of the base. Really want to go for a full on swamp feel, maybe work a moccasin in there somewhere :)

SignManiac

This is a gift for my business partners new home. They live in a neighborhood that backs up against a protected greenbelt, swamp basically. All the neighbors have between 2 and 5 acres of property and they all like to shoot their guns out the back yard, which is perfectly legal. They have a lot of wild hogs running all over the neighborhood. I just tasted my first one last month!

Might have to work one of them into the sign also :) Thanks for the other great idea with the snake wound up in the branches!

grampa dan

Cool piece Charlie!

We are currently working on our biggest sign ever.... our new house which fronts our property that also is home to our studio/shop. The house will use and showcase every trick we can muster. We are keeping a blog of the house progress on our website.

-grampa dan

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"Muse"? I thought it was supposed to be a raccoon....
With a little bigger grin you could have tied it into Wonderland

very nice work

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• grins.jpg
    grins.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 102

RogueRoller

Cool piece Charlie!

We are currently working on our biggest sign ever.... our new house which fronts our property that also is home to our studio/shop. The house will use and showcase every trick we can muster. We are keeping a blog of the house progress on our website.

-grampa dan

Been keeping an eye on that project Dan.

Cant wait to see it. I have been working on my house now for 3.5 years.
Looks like something out of a Tim Burton Movie with a James Bond feel.

The coolest part of the house to date is the living room is on hydraulics and the entire room drops to the lowest level and becomes a part of the game room. The room is 462 sq Feet the total house is pushing 8,468 sq feet sitting on just over 185 acres. I have my own amusement park in the back yard.

I'll send you pics.
I just don't want them all over the web or I would share them on the signs101 Forum.

Im a single guy and it would pull some real gold digging ladies out of the wood work. I want to get married and have some kids but really would like to find someone that wants me for me and not my house.