• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphic 8000 cutting strangely

Sign.ed

This is the first time I've seen a machine cut like this. I've tried to research and troubleshoot myself with little success.

The "first" cut line has a slight indent cut. It's only the first cut off the shape. More noticeable on small cuts rather than larger but affects the cut no matter the size.

Suggestions?

5ac0e53db14bd1d48147eac629d17ad4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boxerbay

1. your cutting with too much pressure. You should not see it gouge the paper like that.
2. looks like your blade or media is shifting while cutting. Check the blade holder and make sure it is seated properly. Check the roller clamps and make sure they are all the way down.
3. check the blade in the blade holder. open it, clean it. make sure it isn't gummed up and rotates freely.
4. look at the blade tip with magnifying glass. make sure the tip isnt broken off.

Sign.ed

Blade is not broken but looks like it could be replaced. So I'll try that.

The pressure isn't much just enough to leave a slight depression in the backer.

No gunk, no paper, will seated.

Rollers are all on equal pressure.

The weeding cuts are from an x-acto and not the machine.

Sign.ed

Brand New Blade.

pulled the blade back in to the holder until it.

Still not making clean square cuts...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. we do a lot of really fine cutting which displays this issue more prominently.

papabud

Lone Wolf
with changing blades i would suggest you check your offset angle and reset that. lower your pressure and check your Teflon strip to make sure its not damaged

Joe House

Also, are you using genuine Graphtec blades or a third party alternative? Your offset with a new Graphtec blade should be zero. Also, make sure that you have the correct tool selected (CB-09). If it's a different brand, you'll have to test till you get the correct offset.
Also, for general vinyl, your force should only be around 12 - 14 - again, test to determine the best setting. If you had to increase the force to compensate for a dull blade, you'll probably need to back it down to the optimal setting for a fresh blade.

Sign.ed

Also, are you using genuine Graphtec blades or a third party alternative? Your offset with a new Graphtec blade should be zero. Also, make sure that you have the correct tool selected (CB-09). If it's a different brand, you'll have to test till you get the correct offset.
Also, for general vinyl, your force should only be around 12 - 14 - again, test to determine the best setting. If you had to increase the force to compensate for a dull blade, you'll probably need to back it down to the optimal setting for a fresh blade.

Performance Carbide American Graphtec-GRAPHTEC | FELLERS

running the offset at 0 on CB09.
Force at 15
I have tested out the +5 to -% offset and it doesn't really seem to help.

I have adjust the offset angle from the cut software "Cutting Master 3" and it doesn't seem to help much until I get under about 10* and then it basically cuts everything by perforating it.

Sign.ed

It was also doing this with my previous blade, which is the ones that came with the machine.

I'll look into Graphtec blades

f94da3ec4276cd5d553268c332cd98fa.jpg
offset angle of 60*

52c2ee0fcd066c66f350b25305cd6373.jpg
20*