• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic/logo Designer

Austin97

Hey guys so I was just lookming to inquiring for a graphic designer or someone to help me out when I need help. I use flexi and learning little by little but some stuff needs to be done in photoshop. Or if you guys have another design software. It would be like helping me create logos, fix logos to be an eps and make them clear. For example I'm having a problem were this logo I got from a client he wants really big but it will become to pixelated.
Thanks so much

Last edited:

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
You could try the "Resample" feature, but if the artwork isn't any good to start with, you probably won't have much luck.
You could vectorize and resize in Flexi or have the customer send you the art with the correct formatting. When they tell you they can't, let them know how much it will cost to make what they provided usable. That almost always magically assists them in finding what you need.
Lastly, get Adobe. Yes, the monthly pricing thing sucks (except you always have an up-to-date version), but it's the "standard" for a reason. If you aren't familiar with how Adobe works and you're going to have a learning curve in any case, try GIMP- which is free.

visual800

you have to start with good art. if our first piece of art is emailed and its crap, I dont go any further with anything. If thats all they have there is an art charge to fix it

Austin97

You could try the "Resample" feature, but if the artwork isn't any good to start with, you probably won't have much luck.
You could vectorize and resize in Flexi or have the customer send you the art with the correct formatting. When they tell you they can't, let them know how much it will cost to make what they provided usable. That almost always magically assists them in finding what you need.
Lastly, get Adobe. Yes, the monthly pricing thing sucks (except you always have an up-to-date version), but it's the "standard" for a reason. If you aren't familiar with how Adobe works and you're going to have a learning curve in any case, try GIMP- which is free.

Thank you for the information. Adobe is the best things out there but the only reason why I stayed away from it was because of the monthly pricing. But I will definitely look into the other website. And the customer only has this file. I mean if I tell him that it's going a little money to make the picture useful I'm sure they will pay. I will also post what the logo/picture looks like.

Austin97

you have to start with good art. if our first piece of art is emailed and its crap, I dont go any further with anything. If thats all they have there is an art charge to fix it

Hi how are you. That same logo I printed out a small one and it came out all right but as I got bigger it looked horrible. And that is all they have for the artwork. Unsure if I tell him I'm going to charge them they will pay. I just don't know who to go to. I wanted to find a graphic designer on the side anyway that if I need help I can just give the job to them. You're supposed with the logo/picture looks like.
Thank you

Austin97

This is the image. The customer wanted it 29 inches wide. And whatever hight it is proportioned.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2705.PNG
    IMG_2705.PNG
    321.2 KB · Views: 276

WildWestDesigns

For example I'm having a problem were this logo I got from a client he wants really big but it will become to pixelated.

If you want to avoid this issue as much as possible, it will be best to do it in a program that works in vectors. Ps and GIMP have limited vector tools as they are more about pixels then vectors.

I would go with Ai (my favorite, but I stopped at CS6 due to the monthly fees (ends up costing me more doing subscription then just buying what I needed for a perpetual license over the long term (and yes that was buying a new one every time one came out, so it was staying up to date as well))). You could see if you can find an older copy that would work for the computer that you are using.

Other options are DRAW and Inkscape. There are even others slowly making names for themselves, but some are platform (OS) specific.

Austin97

If you want to avoid this issue as much as possible, it will be best to do it in a program that works in vectors. Ps and GIMP have limited vector tools as they are more about pixels then vectors.

I would go with Ai (my favorite, but I stopped at CS6 due to the monthly fees (ends up costing me more doing subscription then just buying what I needed for a perpetual license over the long term (and yes that was buying a new one every time one came out, so it was staying up to date as well))). You could see if you can find an older copy that would work for the computer that you are using.

Other options are DRAW and Inkscape. There are even others slowly making names for themselves, but some are platform (OS) specific.

Thank you for the information I appreciate it.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.

100% agreement on the vectors. Only mentioned Photoshop and GIMP as an alternative due to the original post.

bigwow

That will require rebuilding as a vector file, not tricky, just a little time consuming. Use Illustrator. I would print a small piece of the current image at the actual size the client wants it, then show them how crap it looks - that normally works when they are reluctant to spend money on decent artwork.

Austin97

That will require rebuilding as a vector file, not tricky, just a little time consuming. Use Illustrator. I would print a small piece of the current image at the actual size the client wants it, then show them how crap it looks - that normally works when they are reluctant to spend money on decent artwork.

I already contacted them and told them and they agreed to pay to get this fixed. I have to look more into illustrator.
Thank you

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I already contacted them and told them and they agreed to pay to get this fixed. I have to look more into illustrator.
Thank you

Is the Vector Doctor still around on this forum/board? -- I was just thinking I hadn't seen a single post of his since I've been back...

Chasez

Another Alt to Adobe is the Affinity software (designer and photo) which from playing with them are just as good if not better than AI and PS.. I still use adobe as familiarity wins right now but the more I use designer and photo the more comfortable I become and will soon switch over... also the pricing on Affinity is like $50ish / each program - no monthly fees etc..

I can always help you out in designs if your still looking. Just PM me.

Chaz

WildWestDesigns

Another Alt to Adobe is the Affinity software (designer and photo) which from playing with them are just as good if not better than AI and PS.. I still use adobe as familiarity wins right now but the more I use designer and photo the more comfortable I become and will soon switch over... also the pricing on Affinity is like $50ish / each program - no monthly fees etc..

Chaz

That's one of the ones that I was thinking of when I was talking about "others slowly making a name for themselves", but last I looked at it, it was Mac only. It looks like now they have a Windows version. I know quite a few others that have liked that software, so now seeing that it's also on Windows (if the OP uses Windows), that does make it even more viable as a replacement.

oldgoatroper

Chaz

I haven't downloaded the trial but I intend to after having perused the website -- It looks pretty darn promising...

Affinity - Professional creative software

Grafix

I use a company in India to vectorize jpgs and PNG files I get sent from clients. Use them quite a lot actually - More accurate than using Illustrator Trace.
Company is called Sara designs. They are very quick - same day turnaround most times- and very cost effective usually between $10-$15 per file. Their email contact is:- saradesignsolution@gmail.com

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Is the Vector Doctor still around on this forum/board? -- I was just thinking I hadn't seen a single post of his since I've been back...

Yup I have posted many times. In the past my most common replies here have been to identify fonts but everyone on here is so quick I rarely get a chance as they have been identified already. Been too busy to spend a great deal of time on here.

oldgoatroper

Yup I have posted many times. In the past my most common replies here have been to identify fonts but everyone on here is so quick I rarely get a chance as they have been identified already. Been too busy to spend a great deal of time on here.

Oh, good. You're still around. Busy is good.