• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic Tracer Pro vs. Adobe Illustrator

Craig A

Just curious if anyone who uses both could give a comparison (pros/cons) between the two. I'm pretty fast with Illustrator, and with the What The Font app on Android I'm generally able to reconstruct a low res logo within a matter of minutes. By tweaking the advanced settings in Illustrator one can get a pretty good basis for a graphic. Combining that with the simplify command and regenerating the text by using What The Font has allowed me to be pretty successful on "while U wait" situations for most low res graphics. Watching the demo of Graphic Tracer Professional, I was impressed by the speed with which the Tiny League logo was recreated. It looks like it could save even more time, but I wanted to know from people who actually used both how it compared.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I've heard Inkscape (free) does better than Flexi, illly, and Corel. I'm not allowed to download it here at the office so I couldn't say one way or the other.