• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec 6000 and OSX

Jeffrey Reed

Hobbyist
I did some searching on this forum as well as our friends at Google.

I have an iMac that I use for my primary and recently updated from a Silhouette Cameo to a Graphtec CE6000-60 Plus. Great plotter. In the upcoming update to Mac OSX (Catalina 10.15) No longer can you use 32bit apps. That gets rid of Graphtec Studio, also the software bridge to AI and Corel. So in 45 days the ability to create and cut on my Mac would end if I update to Catalina. I am running it dual boot now, just because I can't run GS on Catalina. I have looked at a few other Mac software packages, but they all seem to lack an ability to try before you buy. They all (SCAL, SCALP and anything else form that company) tell me my demo has expired, they told me to delete a folder, and it still doesn't work. Additionally, if I am going to pay for software, I'd really like it to be supported. No phone number exists for them and they have a three day turnaround. What are you all using on a Mac?