• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 7000-130 help please

I thought I had my Y position error fixed, after cleaning rails etc. it worked great for a little over a week but long story short I ended up replacing my Y motor.
The Y position error is gone and the plotter initializes normally, senses the media length and width just fine and will do the cut test.
The problem is when I send a file to the plotter it starts to advance the media but won't cut the file.
I performed a factory before I replaced the Y motor hoping that would help and performed a reset when this happened but no change and sure can't figure it out.
I'm hoping it's an obvious setting or something that happened after the reset. I'm going to try uninstalling then re-installing the software but was hoping someone here had some insight that could help me prior to doing that.
I'm running Wasatch Version 7 along with a Mutoh VJ 1204 and Graphtec for my print / cut system.
TIA

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Whenever you use a non-graphtec software it will do this. When you did the factory reset, you changed the communication setting to GP-GL which is a Graphtec proprietary language but since you don't use a Graphtec software it needs to be set to HP-GL which is a more universal language that Wasatch sends. It should be an option in the plotter menu called communication or maybe even interface.

Jburns

Sounds like you have it set on sheet mode and it’s teyinf to find the end of sheet? Try setting on roll mode -from the plotter menu

Sounds like you have it set on sheet mode and it’s teyinf to find the end of sheet? Try setting on roll mode -from the plotter menu
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried both but it's not cutting in either sheet or roll mode. It's recieving the data but once the data gets there is acting like it doesn't know what to do with it.
I installed cutting master on a different computer and ran the test cut from Cutting master and it cut the test cut.
So now I'm in the process of installing an older version of Corel so I can send a file to Cutting master. I think the cutter works, I just messed something up between wasatch and the plotter when I reset.
I think once I get it set up fresh on the other computer I'll be able to figure for sure if it's the plotter or something else.
Thanks foryour help.

d fleming

Maybe download a trial of cadlink or flexi and see if it works on that platform. A thousand on software beats buying a new plotter

Maybe download a trial of cadlink or flexi and see if it works on that platform. A thousand on software beats buying a new plotter
Thanks, great idea.
Thankfully, I have a backup Mimaki so I can still print and cut but I don't want to give up on this until I know for sure it doesn't work.
I'm staying positive that it does.