• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 8600 breaking blade tips on mx sticker kits CB15U

Fleetwoods

Allgonewest
Have been cutting MX sticker Kits on our 8600 for some time now, but recently have been having a problem with blade tips breaking after just 5mtrs of material and not cutting backing sheet all the way through on some of the cut. Normally would do 100-150 or more metres per blade. All settings the same as previous. Gone through 5 blades from 2 different batches so far. Anyone had the same experience or solved this issue.

papabud

Lone Wolf
could something be wrong with your blades. did you buy a cheaper batch. could your blade holder be set up wrong or in the wrong position.
have you started doing anything different or changed any settings?

rjssigns

I agree with papabud. My Roland snapped the tips on a batch of Roland blades. Roland replaced them and it's been fine since.

ikarasu

How thick are your stickers? MX Decals are usually pretty thick... which CB15 blades would work best. CB09 blades are for thin vinyl/laminate, which would explain why the tips are breaking. CB15 is for sandblast/reflective and other thicker stuff.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
How thick are your stickers? MX Decals are usually pretty thick... which CB15 blades would work best. CB09 blades are for thin vinyl/laminate, which would explain why the tips are breaking. CB15 is for sandblast/reflective and other thicker stuff.
I believe he said he is using CB15.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
It could be your holder. Those wear out and then the blade doesn't spin properly on the bearings. That will cause your blades to break prematurely.

ikarasu

Ah, the one place.i didn't check!

Then yes, I'd either do multiple passes or look into a better blade.

Could.be using the wrong degree blade also.

Fleetwoods

Allgonewest
Hi Guys

Sorry for the slow reply.

Thanks for your responses

We are using Graphtec CB15U-K30 blades. The blade holder is relatively new but slipping a little (as in holding depth) but we are watching it closely. We are of the opinion there is a problem with the blades but how do you prove that? The material is .62mm - .65mm thick. The cutter will cut a full sheet and you can tell when the tip goes the item being cut (and subsequence cuts) are not able to be weeded. Have not tried double passes but when cutting well there is no problem and we have cut lots previously same materials nothing has changed Except blades. The blades we using are the correct ones going by the Graphtec chart and should cut up to 1.5mm

Has anybody tried ceramic tip blades (have seen one non graphtec ones out there) or are there titanium blades available.

We are waiting a response from Graphtec.

Its a 60 degree blade

cuartadimension

The best blade: https://www.edwardmathias.com/index.html - - -

I've cut a lot of MX material with graphtec, until I stop working. The original CB15UA-K30 blades are 90 euros :(. I have broken enough, until I use blade www.edwardmathias.com. The original Graphtec blade holder is very bad, of the red cb15 model, they broke 2, original cost 120 euros ,. Buy an aluminum blade holder in amazon for 15 euros and the blades of www.edwardmathias.com you will not have any problems.I with the grapthec, I cut to 36 of pressure and 15 of speed . Blade Clean Cut , They also cut well, much cheaper than the original

Could it be your cutting strip? If it's messed up the blade might getting messed up by that. Your cutting through the backing so the possibility of a bad strip is there.