• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 8600 software question/problem

crny1

What is everyone using on thier Graphtec plotter? Ours of course came with Cut Studio 3 and I absolutely hate it for a number of reasons. We use Illy exclusively for design work and lately when you go to send osmething to Cut Master it
A - Cut master will not auto launch if it is not already open. No big deal but a pain and should auto open
B- When you do click send to Cut Master the layers panel of course gets the locked layer but nothing ever shows up in cutmaster. Its blank. The top left of the screen has a % number up there and mine never gets over 30%. Not sure if this is suppose to represent the amount of the file that is loaded or loading and it hangs up? It use to be if it didnt pop up into Cut Master then you would just restart it and then it would be there when you did it a second time. But now no matter what its never there.
I am on Adobe CC but I have not upgraded Illy to 2017 because I heard there were issues with graphtec and 2017. My update is still waiting when you look at the Creative Cloud app. My other Adobe products have been updated but not Illy.
I am so fed up with Cut Master I am ready to find something else to use with it. Is there any other software that people are using instead of Cut Master? I need to do something because right now the machine is basically useless to us.
Any advice or input greatly appreciated.... oh and forget Graphtec support. As most know its pretty non exsistent,
Thanks

Warmoth

I made a thread about cutting master 3 and how bad it was, not that long ago. There' some suggestions in there from other people.
Cutting Master 3 - Not a Big Fan

I use CorelDraw, when stuff comes in blank I need to ungroup it / convert it to curves for it to work. Not sure if Illy has the same issue.
But I feel your pain. For the time being I've just continued to deal with it.