• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec 8600 Stops reading registration marks

Roniz 1

We are using Cutmaster,
It will read the registration marks up to a certain height then just stop and give us a mark read error,
Its really weird.

Is there a size limit to how tall you can make a cut graphic?

Roniz 1

Done,
It gets to about 80" and then clicks like its going to read the mark and comes back with a registration mark error,
It has done this on 2 different pieces, but at the same height, and what is making it more annoying is that the it reads the right registration mark moves to the left and it fails.

Ra33it

I've encountered this problem. What can happen on long print cuts is that the vinyl stretches and the registration marks will print slightly misaligned from each other, that's why it will fail in the same spot. To check if that's the case just roll out your print and measure from the first reg marks to the problems ones, if you get differing measurements then that's likely your issue. Even an 1/8th inch difference can cause it to fail.

The only fix I know is to take the reg marks off a print that had no problem cutting and lay those down carefully and evenly over the bad reg marks in a strip, the key is to line it up near perfect to the first reg marks printed and not put the vinyl to hard as you're laying it down as you'll just encounter the same problem of misaligned marks. It's a pain and takes a bit of time if you're not confident, but I've had surprising success with this fix.

If it's a common thing that's happening with you're prints cuts, then I would say its one of three possibilities, you're printer isn't feeding evenly, something is wrong with you're Graphtec sensor or the black of the reg is to dull, or when you build your reg marks in adobe or whatever program, using the cutting master plugin, they are not perfectly aligned across from each other. I would say check your files first and make sure the regs marks are all in alignment. If they are, do what I suggested and measure the marks that printed and see if they are off.

If none of the works, then I dunno what to tell ya, cause that's weird, :toasting:

CPRsigns

Done,
It gets to about 80" and then clicks like its going to read the mark and comes back with a registration mark error,
It has done this on 2 different pieces, but at the same height, and what is making it more annoying is that the it reads the right registration mark moves to the left and it fails.
When you load the vinyl in to cut are you using Roll 1, Roll 2 or Sheet? After several years of no problems with our Graphtec the size on Roll 1 & 2 was somehow changed to 84.something on the X axis and we kept getting an error. We went in and changed it and now it will cut long prints again. Not sure how it got changed but it did. you may want to check those settings. or try using Sheet instead of Roll 1 or 2