• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60-Cannot Open Port

amy s.

Does anyone know why when I reconnected my Graphtec plotter to my pc after a move to another town, it doesn't work? I am using Flexi8 Starter to cut only (designed in Corel Draw), when I sent the file in Flexi to be cut from cut/plot window I get "Cannot Open Port". Additionally, I see the Graphtec plotter listed in Production Manager but when I click the icon to change port settings Production Manager instantly closes. So, I can't change port settings. Hmmmmm.....?? I have it set to USB, which I think is correct but don't get why PM closes instantly.

amy s.

Cannot Open Port

In the interest of helping someone else with this problem, I had a computer guy come to my shop. He had the issue resolved in, literally, 30 seconds.

Click right on Program Manager icon,
go to Properties,
Operating System Compatability tab,
UNCHECK Win 95 operating system (I'm running XP).
Instantly, Graphtec CE5000-60 started cutting. Who knew?:smile:

timgo

Graphics Designer
conecction...

Does anyone know why when I reconnected my Graphtec plotter to my pc after a move to another town, it doesn't work? I am using Flexi8 Starter to cut only (designed in Corel Draw), when I sent the file in Flexi to be cut from cut/plot window I get "Cannot Open Port". Additionally, I see the Graphtec plotter listed in Production Manager but when I click the icon to change port settings Production Manager instantly closes. So, I can't change port settings. Hmmmmm.....?? I have it set to USB, which I think is correct but don't get why PM closes instantly.

Remove flexi software and install it again...