• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60 thick laminate cutting woes

dogger

I am trying to cut a thick motocross 4.0 mil vinyl with a 12.0 mil laminate on top (General Formulations Concept 235 and 238) with my Graphtec CE5000-60. I have tried setting it to the highest pressure with a 60deg blade. Any other suggestions? Perhaps a double pass? Up till now, I have been trace cutting the ones I have done with a fine tipped knife, but am looking at a more efficient way to do it. I really do not want to purchase a new machine at this time.

Would increasing or decreasing the speed help?

Thanks for any suggestions.

dmfahie

Thats allot to cut, we had to add a 3M kit on our Mimkki to cut that heavy. Slower is always better...wish I had some advise for you

amw

Longtime Members
Also if you are not all ready, try a new blade. The cleancut blades seam to be sharper, so if you are not using them maybe try that too.

Joe House

If this is your main product, then you have the wrong machine and will probably burn it up to the point where you'll have to replace it anyway. If you only do this occasionally, then using multiple passes is going to be your best bet.

dogger

Lots of good suggestions. This is something I do a bit of, some for myself, and others that I get requests from at the MX track. I guess if I started running more, I would end up having to purchase a new machine. For 90%+ of what I cut the Graphtec works great. Thanks

Jburns

I agree that machine isn't really made for that material- you can also buy and try the CB15U blade holder and blade

SlikGRFX

Set up feed tables front and back. 60 degree carbide blade. These blades are the best I've used...with a proper setup the blades last for months.

Edward Mathias Home Page

They are in the UK not sure if they ship to the States.

Also cut slower and hotter. Heat will help as it softens the laminate. An infra red lamp installed above the feed table works.