• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000 - Not reading Registration marks

JP4

Hello..My CE5000 will not read my registration marks. It searched but just don't pick the first one up.

Thanks for the help!

JP

briankb

Premium Subscriber
What program are you using? Are you using 3 or 4 marks?

Are the marks inside the cut area (between the pinch rollers)?

Did it detect the first one but not the ones on the back because it ran out of material?

Did you print from a PDF with the marks already embedded? If so when it was printed was the "shrink to fit" checked?

So many paths to choose why you're marks aren't being detected.

ProWraps

call me asap. ill pm you my number. i have a fix that graphtec wont tell you about. trust me. i know WHY your problem is happening. it cost me $5k to figure it out.

by $5k, i mean i put a graphtec fc8000 through the WALL because they couldnt tell me how to fix it. i bought another, and realized WTF was going on. and their tech support is completely stupid as to what the factory settings are the caused your problem.

ps, your y or x axis is off, and its due to your laser intensity settings. probably using laminated material. god i know everything about that stupid cutter.

pretty sad they dont.

JP4

Wow..Thanks for the awesome replies...

I'm trying to cut a graphic that is printed on a 8.5x11 vinyl that is laminated. I have it taped to a larger piece of vinyl to maximize my area. The Registration Marks are close but are clearly outside the cut lines. I have tried to line it up so many time it not funny....the optic eye just don't catch the any of the marks. Very frustrating.

PC
Adobe AI
ce5000

Thanks!

Back Ground: Name is JP, I have always been interested in Graphics/Printing for years. I have a CE500 and a hotronics press that I press out some shirts etc...Not really sure about my path in this Industry I just really enjoy many aspects of it. Would love to own a versacam and a laminator one day.

MIMO

what rip are you using? ONYX 10 makes marks that are 23mm long where the max for the CE5000 is 20mm. Stupid workaround is to put little bits of vinyl on the ends of each mark, but it works.

JP4

what rip are you using? ONYX 10 makes marks that are 23mm long where the max for the CE5000 is 20mm. Stupid workaround is to put little bits of vinyl on the ends of each mark, but it works.

Cutting Master 2

JP4

Sorry ProWraps...I have been busy. I call you tomorrow if the offer is still available.

NO my CE5000 plotter will not work at all. Keeps giving a HP-GL Error 1 ...I have factory reset...still nothing. When I hit send...the machine powers up and then stop and error message appears. I have even tried 2 different pc's.

JP

JP4

Actually I got the CE5000 to cut Vinyl again...But still can't get it to read registration marks....:frustrated:

JP

Bill Modzel

Did you manually create the registration marks or let Cutting Master create them? Your, "just outside the cut line" comment gave me the impression that you made them yourself. If so, my first guess is that they are too close to the cut lines. Just because they're outside doesn't mean that they will read correctly.

JP4

I have created my Registration marks both ways. The path I'm cutting is clearly within the boundaries of the marks. I tried printing a regular (8.5-11) sheet of paper. It gets as far as the 3 mark and doesn't pick it up.

PJofPSAD

call me asap. ill pm you my number. i have a fix that graphtec wont tell you about. trust me. i know WHY your problem is happening. it cost me $5k to figure it out.

by $5k, i mean i put a graphtec fc8000 through the WALL because they couldnt tell me how to fix it. i bought another, and realized WTF was going on. and their tech support is completely stupid as to what the factory settings are the caused your problem.

ps, your y or x axis is off, and its due to your laser intensity settings. probably using laminated material. god i know everything about that stupid cutter.

pretty sad they dont.

I have been working a job which will read the marks for a while, and then just stop and no matter where I set the head (Near the reg marks) it comes up with error. I can spend hours trying to get the next sheet to cut,.