• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE6000 cutter making humming noise?

phototec

Anyone have a Graphtec CE6000 cutter, is it normal when sitting idle it makes a very low humming noise coming from the cutting head area?

Also, when you put slight pressure on the tool holder (like if to change the blade), the noise stops (silent), and as soon as you let it go the noise comes back?

I have a 15 year old CE3000 and it never makes any humming noise like this CE6000 is making.

Could this be something wrong with the electro magnet that raisers and lowers the cutting tools?

Also having an issue with bad cuts.

Logoadv

Our FC7000 MK2-75 does the same thing. Not sure why. Ours will also start getting glitches on the LCD screen if you advance for more than a few inches at a time holding the arrow keys, and eventually freeze up. I'm guessing something isn't grounded properly

Jburns

My FC did the same thing- I would call it servo creep-- the motor is sitting just in the border of two divisions or positions
sometimes you can tap the arrow to move the carriage and it stops
RC car servo motors can do the same thing.