• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ce6000 died

bpfohler

Well my Graphtec ce6000-60 stop cutting and displayed and error message. I called Graphtec, ”oooo it’s just out of warranty, sorry”.
Called a certified repair shop and they said it will be less than $1000 (not what I was hoping for) plus shipping both ways. A new one is only $1700, should have bought a Roland.
Think I’ll take it out back and shoot it!

Midnight

Well my Graphtec ce6000-60 stop cutting and displayed and error message. I called Graphtec, ”oooo it’s just out of warranty, sorry”.
Called a certified repair shop and they said it will be less than $1000 (not what I was hoping for) plus shipping both ways. A new one is only $1700, should have bought a Roland.
Think I’ll take it out back and shoot it!

Midnight

I came in from vacation last year and had mine showing a error and was told there was no parts for it...so I did order a GS 24 Rowland...it works pretty good

unclebun

If you're going to buy a Graphtec, don't get the CE series if you want a reliable, heavy duty plotter. Get the FC series.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you're going to buy a Graphtec, don't get the CE series if you want a reliable, heavy duty plotter. Get the FC series.

Yup. CE series = entry level, good for small shops or part time use. FC series = professional production machine, good for running all day long and much faster.

bpfohler

I have tried to re-set it with no luck and this cutter is limited to cutting names/numbers for screen printed uniforms and gets limited use.
Fortunately Graphtec stepped up and covered the board so eating the cost of install is easier.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have tried to re-set it with no luck and this cutter is limited to cutting names/numbers for screen printed uniforms and gets limited use.
Fortunately Graphtec stepped up and covered the board so eating the cost of install is easier.

Good to hear!

bpfohler

Yup. CE series = entry level, good for small shops or part time use. FC series = professional production machine, good for running all day long and much faster.
The FC is more than twice the price for a 24" plotter, I know several shops that have printed with the Roland gs24 or gx24 for years without a hitch and it's in the same price range of $2k. Sorry but $3500+ for a plotter this size is crazy

Jackpine

I have a CE3000 and an FC8000. My CE has got to be 20 years old and I use it everyday without a hiccup. Guess I am lucky. I recently bought a barley used Summa D75 and it will become my go to cutter. My FC is for sale if anyone is interest.