• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec cutting inconsistencies

hiway

Hello,
I have a particular problem with an FC4100-130 cutter. When cutting the cutting paths are inconsistent and dont match from the start of the cut to the end of the cut leaving the path incomplete. In addition, when cutting text, escpecially letter "O" and "D" it will cut the center and by the time the cutting head returns to finish the outer portion the cut is off-center. I have a suspition that is has something to do with the grit rollers or the gear system/belt of the cutting head. The machine I belive is 10 years old and runs practically non-stop from open to close. Has anyone had a similar problem? What was your solution? I am not sure what all has been done to the machine before I got here but I have a suspition, after talking to some of the "Fix-it" guys here that there may have been some frankenstiening done to it to keep it running. Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:

signage

Try putting a pen in it and choosing the pen as the tool and see what happens! Could be any number of things from bad settings to worn parts or bad blade holder! Do you have a picture of the problem?

907customs

I have run into this problem after cutting punched material on my Graphtec. Check your pinch rollers to make sure they don't have any of the small circles of vinyl stuck to them. If you get too many on one side of your media, it will throw you off.

omgsideburns

I have run into this problem after cutting punched material on my Graphtec. Check your pinch rollers to make sure they don't have any of the small circles of vinyl stuck to them. If you get too many on one side of your media, it will throw you off.

lol, this! cleaning the damn perf dots off the wheels is the bane of my existence, but fixes most of my problems with my little graphtec.

wonsngis

I use a rivet brush to clean off the grit rollers on out FC-5100 every few weeks. Also, I use a lint free rag to wipe down the rails. These little maintainence procedures really seem to help keep it operating properly.

hiway

Hello,
I dont have a picture but basically if you follow the cut of say a circle the start point is shifted almost 1/16" sometimes a little more from where it ends. I think its most likely worn parts. The machine cuts probably 70+ signs at least a day for the last 10 years. We don't use any perforated vinyls and the grit rollers are clean. I'm thinking maybe an encoder on the motor or something similar. Somewhere during cutting the X,Y isnt equating to the same place during cutting.
Thanks