• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GRAPHTEC FC-8000/flexi 4pt. Registration Marks cutting with laser not knife

corncake12

I am trying to contour cut using the 4pt. registration marks. I go through the process of moving the laser through all 4 points using the d-pad on the cutter. Once I hit my 4th point, it says to replace knife to begin cutting. I click ok and once it "starts" it traces my contour cut with the laser instead of actually making a contour cut with the knife. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

AKwrapguy

Does the 8000 series not have the laser built in? I never take the cutter out as on mine the laser is built into the head.

papabud

Lone Wolf
the 8000 does have the laser built in, i never use it, never needed to.

check both flexi and the cutter to make sure its set up on both ends to use the right tool.
you can set it up so flexi will override the settings on the machine end. but checking both will make sure no matter what settings get used it will be correct

corncake12

Yes the laser is built in to the head, I think it telling you to replace the knife is a formality/safety feature. I can send and cut text/clipart/logos just fine, but it seems to be hanging up on the contour with the 4pt. registration marks. Since it cuts everything else just fine I believe I have the correct tool selected on the cutter itself. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something on the Flexi end. Do either of you know what tabs I should double check to make sure everything is checked and in order? I am trying to process the job as a contour job only. Also, I have had no problems in the past using graphtec type 1 automatics marks. This particular job was actually printed at a different shop through flexi, but they only have the vertical,horizontal, 4pt. options. So this is why I am trying to use the 4pt.. Any other time I would just use type 1 and be on my merry way, but I am trying to help a fellow sign guy. It seems there is never a good time for an issue. Thank you guys for your quick responses.

methogod

Why are you using the laser for contour cutting, should be using AMS it will auto find and cut. msg me i been using this for a while best cutter ever had. Easy to use, we cut out of onyx and flexi super easy...