• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec fc 8600 half cut setting

Airborneltp

no no no, cant do tghat. I had a setting on here before but it has gotten lost... found it on some website but now I cannot find it...I know its capable of doing it. My mimaki plotter does it at home fine.

Airborneltp

yes, so say im cutting out a circle sticker, it will leave just enough to keep the circle on the material, but allows me to punch it out by hand... if it cuts out completely it falls out and the pinch rollers destroy my work.

QuickSilver2605

yes, so say im cutting out a circle sticker, it will leave just enough to keep the circle on the material, but allows me to punch it out by hand... if it cuts out completely it falls out and the pinch rollers destroy my work.

There are two ways you could go about it. One you could have the circle punched through the vinyl and the backing, this would leave little "tabs" on the final product. What I would do is have two cut lines, the first would cut out the circle, then set one about an 1/8 or 1/4 inch outside of that which would punch out the circle. You would only have to do a little weeding.

attachment.php

The setting we have are:
Speed: 15cm/s
Accel: 4
Cut line pattern:
type: user
cut: 0.315"
up: 0.024"
up mode: up
Tangent Emulation: 1

You will have to play around with for force for what ever material you are using, and make sure the tool is in position 3
Condition
--->assign tool
--->3

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 316

Dennis422

Never did it, but shouldn't you just color them with two different colors in Illustrator (Let's say)?