• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 conditions

diverscott

We've got a fc8000 that we're using with flexi 8, using the flexi production suite's production manager. When I set a condition to use a different speed on the plotter, it gets overridden to either a default setting of the hardware or the software. So, when I go to cut a sandblast resist at 20 speed, it cuts at 50.

I have changed the cut settings in the production manager to use a "resist 1" pre-set that is set to 20 speed. Yet, when I hit the SEND button, the plotter fires it off with the displayed speed at 50.

Am I missing a setup option or something? Is there some sort of checkbox somewhere that forces a speed override? I have tried repeatedly to contact Graphtec, but get no answer on their 1-800 number.

Also, the users manual shows configuration using a PC interface program. We did not get software with ours, other than the driver. Perhaps this is because we are on a 64bit Windows 7 system... ?

Edit: For clarification, I am setting the condition on the plotter itself, as well as in the production manager. Neither speed setting prevents the plotter from cutting at a speed of 50.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Todd M Castle

Go into the cut/plot screen inside Flexi. Go to the advanced tab and click the edit button I believe at the bottom right. Change the setting to NONE. Your software is over riding all the settings you are changing inside of your cutter.

Excel

Got to graphtecs website http://www.graphtecamerica.com/
click the support/downloads link,
click cutting plotters
click FC8000
click Drivers and downloads
click windows plotter controller

Its much easier than using the control panel interface

diverscott

Todd, I set the cut options to NONE and itis still being overridden.

Excel, thanks for the link. I had previously installed the plotter controller, however, when launched it comes back with an error. 100 or something like that (I'm out of the shop at the moment). If I recall correctly, the control center is not able to run in the Windows 64 bit environment, which is why I didn't follow up on it. I had launched in Vista 32 bit compatabiloty, to no avail. It sure is a shame, too. It definitely does look a whole lot nicer.

I asked tech support at SAI (flexi) and was told that if I were to patch to the current build and that did not resolve the problem, that it had to be on the plotter's end. I upgraded the service pack and still had the same problems.

..still waiting for a return phone call from Graphtec.

"Deposit Please"

Try changing your presets on graphtec like speed, force etc... then hit "ENTER" to save your new settings for that condition or the changes will be lost.

Case

He needs to change his condition priority from "PROGRAM" to "MANUAL" if he wants to have the settings on the plotter override anything from the software........ If you don't change this, the condition settings WILL NOT hold...

Or leave on Program if you want to have your software settings RULE........speed, force, etc......

It is all about where you want to have them controlled from...

I prefer the plotters control panel, others like to do it from the software...

All about preference..........

Your user's guide on the cd tells you how to change this if you do not know or you can get the user's guide off of Graphtecs website...

Case

diverscott

He needs to change his condition priority from "PROGRAM" to "MANUAL" if he wants to have the settings on the plotter override anything from the software........ If you don't change this, the condition settings WILL NOT hold...

Or leave on Program if you want to have your software settings RULE........speed, force, etc......

It is all about where you want to have them controlled from...

I prefer the plotters control panel, others like to do it from the software...

All about preference..........

Your user's guide on the cd tells you how to change this if you do not know or you can get the user's guide off of Graphtecs website...

Case

Giving this a shot this morning. Graphtec finally got in touch with us and the tech support guru also recommended that I turn off tool changing. I'll re-post with results once I get things sorted out in a bit.

diverscott

Diverscott, where you able to figure it out??? Feedback would be appreciated.

Setting it to "Manual" seems to have been the silver bullet. It's working nicely now. I don't understand why Flexi's production manager didn't send along it's own settings, but I guess that's something I can work around.

Thanks a ton for the great advice, everyone!