• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000/Flexi 10 Issue...need advice

RSC Graphics

I have recently started working with our FC8000 again and thru a fairly enlightening but mostly painful bout of research and trial and error have gotten to the point where it will read the crop marks and cut prints from our HP L25500 just fine.
However when I go to do just a cut job the result is not the correct size.
I'm creating in Corel x6, exporting eps to the RIP computer running Flexi 10
Set up in Flexi shows the correct scale and dimensions. Material width is set to what is loaded into the Graphtec. 48"
The step in Flexi and the plotter do match.
When loading the plotter I chose Roll-2 and I am using all 4 pinch wheels.

Graphtec is set to Auto command.
I have also checked the Scale setting under the Area tab and it is set to 1.
Everything appears to be correct and the job is sent to the cutter.
Now what is happening is my plot that is supposed to be 25" tall is coming out about 6.5" tall. I'm sure that there is a simple answer but I am stumped. Any advice on what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

RSC Graphics

Issue solved. (apparently for now)
The step size on the plotter defaults to 254 (did a full reset when I was trying to figure out the crop mark issue)
So I matched Flexi to that size which worked for cutting from crop marks but not for pattern or a cut only job.
Bumped the step to 1016 (which I had seen in the forums was optimal) on both the plotter and Flexi and finally got what I was looking for.
I also set the panel margin in Flexi to 0.
Hope this might help someone down the line.