• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 Locked Up

StarSign

All of the sudden out of the blue today my Graphtec just stopped working in the middle of a job. We tried everything we could think of......nothing. These are the 2 screens we can get. Any ideas...........

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 166
Yea it appears your graphtec is now either in Japanese or Chinese. I don't speak either. Both those screens are standard screens.
1st. Is for the direction of the roll load or sheet.
2nd. Is the main screen after you set the roll load.
I would say you had some sort of power surge and the plotter reset to factory defaults. Look up how to change the language and change it back to English. Should solve your problems. You could try resetting to default but if the default is Japanese you will end up back in the same spot.

StarSign

It must have been the eclipse, that was the second machine to go down yesterday. It won't even hard reset. Guess I will send it out for service or just but a new one!!

Jburns

You can try:
The plotter is reset by pressing the [ORIGIN] key and this key (MENU) simultaneously in the first
screen of the MENU mode (MENU screen).