• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help graphtec FC8600 and avery vinyl

sleepyeyed

Having some serious bunching issues on my Graphteck FC8600 with Avery SC900 48" black vinyl. Whenever it feeds out it tends to kind of bunch up in between the pinch wheels and causes inaccurate cuts and sometimes even comes off the end pinch wheel altogether. I've tried using just 2 or 3 pinch wheels instead of all of them and also using different pressure settings on them. Is the material to blame or my inexperience with this new plotter?

fresh

errggg. we've been having weeding issues with Avery cast vinyl lately.. both the 900 and new 950 series. I'm not sure if its the vinyl or our 11 year old graphtec fc7000

zillion29

I've been using Avery cast high performance stuff on different machines for about 15 years. It definitely doesn't weed right anymore. We used to think it was the vinyl, but I'm increasingly convinced it's the liner. The vinyl still cuts the same, but it doesn't release like it used to. Even matte black and matte white weed poorly, even though the letters are cut perfectly. And the second the humidity goes about about 40%, the liner paper gets all buckled, and we all know what happens in a Graphtec when the paper isn't rigid.