• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600 contour cuts longer than they should be

Pat Whatley

We've developed a weird problem with out Graphtec FC8600 plotter. When we do contour cuts on decals the cuts are getting off slightly along the roll length but the roll height alignment is staying perfect. Our current job we're sending is for 10 rows of 3" circular decals. The first row is perfect, by the last row the cuts are 1/16" to 1/8" off, which isn't a lot but it's very noticeable on these decals. We've done the calibration with the sheet from Graphtec, we've tried using different materials, laminated and not laminated, and it's the same problem every time.

When the job finished the blade ends at the last registration mark and it's dead on.

We are cutting through Illustrator using Cutting Master. The cut files in Illustrator are perfect.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Possibly, either your rollers are getting ever-so-slightly weak or your main bar is starting to get fatigue in it.

Pat Whatley

I'm not following you. Are you talking about adjusting the roll length of the vinyl? It's already set about 20' longer than the job but I'll give anything a shot.

The pic attached shows what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

boxerbay

do you have anything near the registration marks that can confuse the ARMS. I have seen were I run out of laminate right next to the registration mark. Even though it is clear vinyl the ARMS pick up on the slight change in shade and think that is the registration mark. We also have the same problem with reflective vinyl. we have to overlay white vinyl patches and re-draw the registration marks. this way the ARMS eye is looking at white background instead of reflective and wigging out.

boxerbay

also check your wheels and clean them. also clean the knurl if it has paper bits in there it will slip. on the rear make sure your rollers are set to full pressure - all the way down.

bannertime

Like Boxerbay said, I've seen that problem when the ARMS picks up something else as the registration mark. I'd watch the sensor scan each mark. Might see that something is off.

signage

IF you look in the manual you can adjust the accuracy of the cutting, not off set but the length the vinyl moves and the amount the cutter moves. This is all from these were used a plotter for drafting!