• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec FC8600 - Cross Cut Blade Not Engaging

BVG

Our beloved FC8600 has been having an issue ever since we purchased it 2 years ago; every now and then as the carriage moves to the left to engage to cross cut blade it doesn't travel far enough to toggle the internal mechanism.

As a result, the carriage then begins to attempt the cross cut by slamming the blade holder harder and harder as it senses the sheet hasn't separated. It's applying enough force when it does this to lift the blade holder out of the clamp.

This seems trivial, but we're doing 50-100 cross cuts per day and the process is automated so I'm not always right there to kill the power and stop it before the carnage starts.

Has anyone run into this before and figured out a solution?

Joe House

This is pretty simple - go into service mode by holding down the Fast + Enter buttons while you power it up. When you press the menu button, you'll see >ADJ. as on option. Press the right arrow. Down arrow twice should get you to the page with the C-Cutter POS ADJ. Press 2 to enter this mode. Press 2 to Adjust the position of where the plotter should engage the cross cutter. When I do this, I set a business card between the post on the left end and the plate that engages the cross cutter (you'll have to remove the carriage cover) and I move the carriage with the control panel till it holds the business card in place. Then I slowly move the cutter to the right with the control panel until the card falls out. Press enter to accept the new position. Reboot the plotter normally.

Good Luck