• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600 Edges not lining up and corner flairs

altereddezignz

I have a Graphtex FC8600-160 and am having a couple issues.

When i cut things for some reason the start and stop point have just a minor offset from each other.

The edges of some triangles and corners seem to have a slight flair to them. they are not just 90 degree angle cuts when they need to be.

The correct blade is set on the control panel. I am using onyx postershop if that matters.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like a blade offset issue to me.

Same here. Even if the offset setting is correct in the plotter, if the blade is sticking out too far or too little, it can affect the way the cuts complete. If you haven't already, look through the user manual and find the section on the proper way to install a blade. The FC8600 has a specific way they want you to load the blade and most people just do it by eye which is not correct.

altereddezignz

I ran the same plotter at my last job for years and set the blade up the exact same way here but i was using a different software there and could adjust for more.