• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec making noise

MHester

I have a Graphtec 8600 54" plotter, that's only a few months old out of the box. Since day 1, when the reader scrolls from right to left, it's always made a "struggling" noise as it goes from end to end to read the scanner marks on the paper. It's only 3 months old, and it still makes that sound. Is this normal? When it goes from left to right it doesn't make any noise, it's only noisy when it goes from right to left.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Probably a bad wheel bearing on one side. Not too difficult to take apart and replace if you need. But sounds like it's new so warranty should cover it.

93Works

I have a ce-6000 that does the same thing. I makes sort of a buzzing/screeching noise when its going to the left, but nothing when it goes the the right. I thought nothing of it since I haven't had any problems. Maybe it has something to do with the motor pushing and pulling the belt?