• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec slipping

MHester

I have an 8600-130. Recently, when I make a cut decal, it will cut perfectly all the interior cuts no problem, but when it gets to the final outer cut (aprox 12" X 15" rectangle), it will skew and miscut one or two sides of the rectangle. Oddly enough, if I have a set of the same decals, maybe 4 copies of them (each with their own registration marks) that I print and cut at one time, it will work on 3 out of the 4 fine, but on the 4th one it will mess up. This just happened recently and continues now for every job. Anyone got any ideas whats up? I've looked at the pinch rollers and wheels, everything seems to be spinning and working fine. It doesn't matter if it's a large job (48" wide print area) or a small job (8" wide print), it still has the same problem. I certainly don't think it's a software problem, it's definitely an equipment problem. Is it possible that a pinch roller is not holding on tight enough? Is there a way to tighten them?

MHester

make sure your pinch rollers are clean. and have the right pressure on them. maybe use 2 rollers instead of 3?
I always try to make sure my pinch rollers are clean and have the full pressure on them. I have a full set of 5 rollers on, I can try to use only 4 and see what happens.

MHester

I had this same issue recently with an older Graphtec. Replacing the pinch rollers solved the issue.
It's only 3 years old though, and I don't use it every day. Shouldn't have pinch roller problems, but you never know. Thanks.