• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gray Printing Green - Help?

Mods, please move to a more correct section if necessary. thanks

I understand this is a long time problem for some folks and I've read up on several solutions, however I cannot turn my image into a B/W or Grayscale file as just part of my print needs to be gray and other parts are color. Specifically this week, I have a gray gradient frame around a CMYK image and the gray is tinted quite green.

I don't have access to the source files as these are customer supplied images (and they want a quick turnaround so we don't have time to educate the customer on the black arts of product photo production).

Printing on a Mimaki CJV30-130 but from reading, this is a universal issue. I don't have color troubles otherwise. Any suggestions would be helpful.

bhBmcOA.jpg

AKwrapguy

Is this pre or post lamination? Laminating with some products like 3M 8518 has a yellowing tint that will change the color. Also try turning on or off color correction in your rip.

Active Sign

Sign Guy
Why haven't the printer/rip manufacturers figured this out yet? Give the CMYK people what they need!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
<<Why haven't the printer/rip manufacturers figured this out yet? Give the CMYK people what they need!>>

The printer/rip manufacturers all offer training, some free, some not.

What do you suppose the RGB people need?

Last edited:

Active Sign

Sign Guy
<<Why haven't the printer/rip manufacturers figured this out yet? Give the CMYK people what they need!>>

The printer/rip manufacturers all offer training, some free, some not.

What do you suppose the RGB people need?

Training works great if you want to make your own profiles, been there done that for several years with all the gadgets. Just strange that printer and material manufacturers offer profiles that can't hit grays on CMYK printers. Battled with it for a long time on Roland and Mimaki. Just feel that it should not be a struggle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk