• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help grayscale is printing pink to deep red.. any ideas??

marshassociates

I'm using a Roland VP-300 printer and grayscale is printing pink/red.. I have no clue how this happende. other colors appear to be fine. I'm going to try printing using different profiles to see if that makes a difference. Any suggestions are welcome. thanks. Frank

That usually happens on CMYK inkset. if your inkset has light black inks your gray colors will be much better.

IsItFasst

Yeah, proper profile will fix that. You'd think printing a grayscale image would be easy since it used just black ink but that is not the case. All 4 colors in CMYK are used for printing gray colors so there can always be a hue of some color in there. Once you get the proper profile this should print properly. Also make sure you are viewing in all different kinds of light. The fluorescent bulbs in my office make the grays appear kind of pink/purple but in normal light they look great.

FrankW

The VP300 has 2 ink channels per colour. If one channel of a colour fails, this could lead to a huge colour deviation. Check the nozzle test (TEST PRINT on the printers keyboard).

A possibility of Versaworks is to set colours to pure hue (not shure about the english translation) in the color management dialog box. So grey will be printed with black ink only.

And, as suggested, if no defect is the problem, a profile could help.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
chose density control in the profile settings (in ink contronls)

boxerbay

Profiling. Short of that if the grey is a CMYK grey then pull some of the MAGENTA out of it. On the screen it might look greenish or blueish but the output will be fine. Do a test print.