Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Application to Start Selling

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by BigfishDM, Aug 18, 2011.

1. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Hey guys I coach youth football and had one of my clients make me a set of 12"x24" car magnets that look like this and I drove to practice last night and had no less the 50 people come ask me how they can get these. There are 22 teams just in my chapter and each team has at least 27 kids so thats 594 potential orders my client can get and if you can sell them for $50 for a set thats potentially almost a $30k order and the profit should be in the area of at least $20 a set so there is a huge money maker for a fairly easy application and thats just for football, you could do all the sports and make a fortune!

Anyways just thought I would share this with you guys to help make you some more money.

PS. My guy prints on my 5 Mil Gloss Vinyl and it works perfect for this stuff!!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Is the chargers logo free to use and sell?
    Don't think so.

3. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The NFL does NOT generally bother high school teams that have modified their team logos and someone has to produce their stuff...

I believe they just want you to use the same colors that's all.

4. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Thanks buddy. I think I will have my kid start slinging these. Then he can start paying for his own camps and equipment each season instead of me taking on a part time job to pay for all of it.

5. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    great idea! if someone makes a printable order form please share it ;-)

6. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Great idea Josh... You've given me lots to think about! :thankyou:

7. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Would you like an order form that you can slap on a cell phone enabled web page?

I am whipping one out for myself so I can do the orders from my smart phone I would be glad to share the html and how I make the form.

8. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

I got permission from my chapter so I think it will be fine, they are 10 year olds so if someone wants to make a big stink about helping out a youth football program then so be it but Im not concerned.

9. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

Lol thats excactly why I did it, sports for kids is alot for the parents and if they can re-coop some of their investment then thats great!

10. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

Yeah its not even High School its ages from 5-13 junior all american stuff so Im sure they could care less about it.

11. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    Seriously?

the form is 3 minutes in draw or illustrator. Boxes for the team (logo that you already have) boxes for what they want (i.e. name, helmet, etc) with the prices for each and customer contact info. Probably have an extra spot for a cut vinyl name with 2 options of typeface for the kids last name on it. maybe a subtotal spot for them to add it all up themselves for a rough price quote before tax.

12. Create

Create Premium Subscriber

Jul 18, 2011
    Washington, IL
    Cool idea Bigfish. Nice to think outside the box.

13. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

Im making up a real simple order form and Im just gonna hand them out at practice. Its gonna be simple:

Kids Name:
    Kids Playing Number:
    How Many Sets:
    Credit Card Info:

Im done!

14. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

Anything I can do to help make you guys more profit is what Im here to do!

:toasting:

15. skasigns

skasigns Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Brownstown
    magnets

what do you charge to letter lets say a construction companies truck ? 40.00$ ? what would you sell him a set of magnets? 40.00? double edge sword !!! jmo

16. skasigns

skasigns Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Brownstown
    magnets

what do you charge to letter lets say a construction companies truck ? 40.00$ ? what would you sell him a set of magnets? 40.00? double edge sword !!!

17. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Well when I started doing signs 1975, finishing sign school, and working doing signs magnets sold for $200 a set and up that lasted till about 1985 when PC and cutters hit the market.

When mechanics got air powered tools...They still bid and sold jobs as one man with hand tools, then made more money and did jobs faster.

The value of signage is worth more then $50 a pair and these days they have become full color.

18. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    What I found online is that most people are at around $60 per set and higher, obviously there were some cheaper options also but for the most part thats what I see them selling for.