• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Green Tint in a Black to White Screen.....Help

printman716

I have a Roland XC-540 and cant print a Black to White Screen ....It has a green tint in the center....I did everything like: spot color, CYMK, RGB, different profiles, I'm printing on Avery 1005 with the 1360 Lam.....This printer has to print a simple blk to white halftone...check out the photo....

Attachments

• 20140916_103051.jpg
    20140916_103051.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 97

chafro

You are going to need an I1 and make your own profiles.

the quick "fix" is to print a patch of grays playing with color densities until you find a grey that you like. This is like manually correcting a incorrect profile, but it will never be as good one.

What software are you using? Try setting up more points of color along the gradient instead of just going from black to white. Profiling could be issue as well.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
One of the most difficult things to print is exactly what you're attempting. You might farkle around with profiles and profiling equipment and you might even clean it up some. Unfortunately you're dealing with a CMYK printer, which prints CMYK, not just K. That being the case, your RIP tries to interpret every intermediate tone along the way in CMYK, not just K.

You can often mitigate this most basic characteristic of a CMYK printer by making your gradient into a bitmap and then adding just a wee bit of noise to it. The noise prevents a smooth and often fraudulent progression from one tone to the next and can, sometimes, make things a lot better. Your mileage may vary.

printman716

I guess a Geber will do it.....How can I get used to selling signs and not selling Gray Halvetones.......This Really Sucks!

TXFB.INS

I guess a Geber will do it.....How can I get used to selling signs and not selling Gray Halvetones.......This Really Sucks!

we are right there with you, running the VS-640 machines and it is a MAJOR PAIN especially when doing reflective materials and have to hit the grey-scale.

Supportability the newest machines are able to hit the grey scale but that doesn't help you

In many respects, the proverbial acid test of a color-managed workflow is to produce neutral results in output through the black - white (grayscale) continuum. Because the printer is using all four colors of ink to produce the grays throughout the ramp, it is very easy and quite common for specific areas in the gray-scale ramp, typically in the lighter quarter tones to mid tones, to drift into green or pink overtones. This problem is often times accentuated by ambient lighting conditions (metamerism).

The only real solution to this is to ensure that your printer is behaving in a linear (calibrated) state, and the ICC profile is custom built built to minimize the potential for this (using a more aggressive GCR setting). It is absolutely possible to virtually eliminate this on any 4C printer, but it takes work to get there...

printman716

In Layman Terms....lol
I kind of understand what your saying but there's not enough time in my schedule to accomplish this. It sounds like I would take a long time to do. Is there any work sheets I can follow to do this?..... Tks Phil