• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Grimco Briteline IM3203x-54

funnyb0nz

So the other day I was rolling prints to ship to customer and noticed the vinyl was pulling away from the paper. I smoothed it back out and thought all was good. Well spoke with a customer that has ordered multiple prints and he just assumed it was from shipping. I told him, no that it should do that.
I called Grimco and they told me that I should be rolling printside out, so I switched and did that. The pictures below are print side out.
Has anyone else had this issue? I have some 3M IJ35C that I am going to try out next. Just curious to what would cause this, its only when rolling up material to ship in 4x4x36 box.

Attachments

• bad1.jpg
    bad1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 159
  • bad2.jpg
    bad2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 132
  • bad3.jpg
    bad3.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 135

GB2

Old Member
That is a common issue with many materials if you roll it with the print side in, especially any material that has the conform adhesive like the IM3203X.

brdesign

Print side out, and roll the graphics as loose as possible. Shouldn't roll them up any tighter than rolling around a 3 inch core, even then it can still be an issue with air release vinyls.