• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco buys Pioneer!!??!!???

k.a.s.

Just got an e-mail this morning that Grimco has bought Pioneer Supply. Any thoughts? I like Grimco and I like Pioneer, but I like the idea of 2 companies to compare. I'm pretty much left with one choice for things, which I don't like. I also hope Grimco keeps Pioneers large selection of things, they always had things in stock that no one else had. Oh well, things change, we will see.

Kevin

Johnny Best

Yep, received the same email this morning. Grimco has taking over a lot of places the last couple of years. I like Grimco so I have no problem with it.

TDFcustomSL

The day I have to buy from Grimco is the day I will close up. Have not had one halfway decent experience with them.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
The day I have to buy from Grimco is the day I will close up. Have not had one halfway decent experience with them.
Really? Out of all my vendors, I've had the least issues with them. Get most stuff same day from them if I order before 10 or so.

petepaz

if frank sells fellers will he still put out his portfolio of selfies aka the catalog every year...haha
no problem with grimco just hope they don't buy up everyone i use like to have a little price comparison.
also with fellers not sure if it's my area or my reps but we have been doing business with them for like 20yrs and no major issues.
same as every other vendor, once in a while they ship the wrong material but not that often and they have a location not far from us so it's usually cleared up same day if needed.

TDFcustomSL

Really? Out of all my vendors, I've had the least issues with them. Get most stuff same day from them if I order before 10 or so.
I have ordered from them 4 times after they bought Advantage. At least 3 days to get my order. Rep was supposed to work on my pricing, as everything on the website shows about 20 percent higher than what it should be. Never heard back from him. Went to order ink one time and now account is locked and they are claiming I owe from an invoice from almost 2 years ago from Advantage but never bothered to call, email, or even mail me a statement. Ill pay what I owe but I am not going to go out of my way to track down a statement that I never received after the buyout.

FatCat

Here in Columbus, really can't say I've had much if any problems with Fellers. The local sales rep is great, always have fast service and most everything is in stock and within a 1 day ship to me. That said, our Grimco here seems to have problems keeping things in stock, prices are higher than almost every other vendor in town for comparable items, so these days I buy very little from them.

Conversely, my friend in Cleveland has the exact opposite experience and loves Grimco, hates Fellers. So I guess it pretty much boils down to location and people running that branch in the end.

Oh, and I have no doubt Grimco or another big name will be buying Fellers soon... mark my words, it's coming. Sadly the big fish are eating all the little fish to rid the marketplace of competition and be able to set their prices and margins as they wish.

Big House Signs

I'm bummed because Grimco will not be selling mimaki supplies. Pioneer is just selling off what they have...I just went and ordered 2 sets.

I'm bummed because Grimco will not be selling mimaki supplies. Pioneer is just selling off what they have...I just went and ordered 2 sets.

This is what worries me. They want to buy all these suppliers, but they aren't interested in increasing their product offerings, from what I've seen so far. Same limited selection of supplies from someone who should be a super supplier, in my opinion, and offer up most anything and everything like N. Glantz does. I will say that we are fairly loyal to Grimco, though. Their customer service in our area has been exceptional. If I have a question with regards to anything, the knowledgeable staff is there to help.

equippaint

Id rather pay a bit more and have multiple smaller suppliers to choose from. The ones that need and value their customers rather than just use it as a corporate slogan. Or just let Amazon and Walmart buy up everything and get it over with now.

Oroscoe

Hated to see Aluma-panel go as well. They seemed to carry more of the smaller things that most sign shops need, not specializing in the generics.

ChicagoGraphics

Maybe I'm in the wrong business now, I should consider becoming a sign material supplier seeing I live in the country where 80% of the materials come from, I can go head to head with Grimco.....

Mans59

I have had good results with Tubelite. They have a Philly warehouse and they do sell mimaki inks too.

Who is next in line to the hungry giant Grimco?

visual800

My last order with Grimco was about 4 or 5 weeks ago (I think) 2 weeks to get oracal 751 in and they sent 651. Just recently did it to another customer here with his vinyl. The line is getting thin out there Frank has been doing this since Ive been in business Im sure for the right price Frank would sell and I wouldnt blame him, I dont use fellers anyway