• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

Vinylman

Good afternoon boys and girls;

Let me start out by saying that I generally don't like the idea of slamming a supplier especially one who over the years has given great service.

And I don't come to this point lightly, but after numerous attempts to reach someone at Grimco, to help solve what seems to me to be a very simple and inexpensive problem. I seem to be left with no other alternative but to vent here on signs 101. I hope that my experience will be helpful to others in making a decision as to who they wish to buy supplies from.

To begin with him rather small company and not necessarily a large user of supplies. However when I find a supplier who gives me fair prices, outstanding service, and people at the other end of my phone call that understand the importance of quality products I remain loyal to them as long as they perform in a professional manner.

Several weeks ago I noted that I was running out of number 2 grommets for my banner orders. So I went to my supply area and opened the box purchased approximately 6 months ago from Grimco.

Opening one of the bags of 500 count grommets I attempted the load them into my grommet press only to find that they wouldn't fit my die set.
after about 15 min. of taking apart my grommet press making every adjustment I could think of I finally realized that I had in my hands # 1 grommets.

The problem was I had ordered #2 grommets, [2 bags, 1000 count]. So here I am with 3 banners to grommet, and the wrong grommets from my supplier.

Since my supplier is only one day away I figured this would be a simple exchange and I'd move forward finish my product. Wrong.

1st of all the friendly young lady on the end of the phone informs me that since this order was over 6 months old they wouldn't take it back.
What?
These are pieces of metal, in a plastic bag undamaged, unused, it's not like it's paint or vinyl that could go bad sitting on the shelf.

Yep! Sorry rules are rules no returns after 30 days, even if their shipping department screwed up the order. So who can I take this up with?

Perhaps you could talk to somebody at corporate headquarters.

Okay! So I called Michelle Brown in the Resolution Department. Left a very nice message after return my call. Never heard from her!

Waited several days made another call, was put into her voicemail, again never returned my call.

Waited several more days called again, worked my way through their answering machine and finally got to talk to Amy. Amy gave me the same song and dance as the folks here at the local distribution location.

I explained that I'm a long-term customer buy most of my products from Grimco, and would at least like to consider some reasonable options. I suggested I would be willing to exchange the 2 bags of #1 grommets for one bag of #2 grommets, I would eat the difference and continued to do business with Grimco.

Amy said she would have to check with somebody above her pay scale, and would get right back to me. Well, here I am 2 weeks later no return phone calls from anybody at Grimco. and I have now outsourced my grommet sales to another company.

Grimco seems to be so busy buying up other companies [Proveer] and others that taking care of the needs of small sign companies has become secondary to their basic operation.

Well that's fine with me, I told Michelle, Amy, and the guy on the order desk that this situation, though small in nature, was a big deal to me and my company. And it would have an impact on any future business that I might do with Grimco.

Since they don't seem to care about me I will seek out another supplier for my ongoing sign products needs.

Any suggestions regarding knowledgeable, pleasant, cost-effective suppliers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening to my rant I'm off to try and make another dollar.:thankyou:

Mike F

It's not that hard to check the stuff you order when it arrives, could've had this taken care of 6 months ago if you'd have been paying attention. I agree it's a little ridiculous they wouldn't work with you on it, but in the end it's your own fault. You wouldn't order a pizza, throw it in your fridge without opening the box, then open it 2 days later to find it has pepperoni instead of mushrooms and expect the pizza place to give you the correct order, would you?

jayhawksigns

Considering the cost of two bags of grommets, and how much they want outside sales people to keep and gain additional customers, I would of expected our outside sales rep to of just swapped them out and been done with it.

But like you mentioned, we have one supplier that I buy as much as I can through because he would do what you are asking for. But then he is a one location spot and quality of service is what keeps his customers.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Mike...you're correct in that. Boxes clearly labeled...etc etc...check stock when arriving...nuff said there. In Vinylman's defense, it would have been proper of Grimco to simply say we would be happy to make the switch for you. Win the client....defuse the situation.
Now...onto the devious side of people's minds....order another box of gommets that day, get em in. Say you got the wrong ones that day...and return said box from 6 months ago. Problem solved.

Pat Whatley

Now...onto the devious side of people's minds....order another box of gommets that day, get em in. Say you got the wrong ones that day...and return said box from 6 months ago. Problem solved.
:thumb: or just tell them you didn't mean to order them and send them back for a refund.

HulkSmash

you're right, they should have respond. Do you ever weigh the good over the bads?
How many times have they gotten things right? My question...

signrios

couple of weeks ago i ordered 2 rolls of 8" transfer tape..from grimco
i got 4 rolls of 4" transfer tape. i guess their warehouse guy made some quick math and came up with this.. 4+4=8

i made a call, but first bought the tape from fellers
got a $10 off discount on my new order yay!!

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
It's not that hard to check the stuff you order when it arrives, could've had this taken care of 6 months ago if you'd have been paying attention. I agree it's a little ridiculous they wouldn't work with you on it, but in the end it's your own fault. You wouldn't order a pizza, throw it in your fridge without opening the box, then open it 2 days later to find it has pepperoni instead of mushrooms and expect the pizza place to give you the correct order, would you?

Bad analogy.
And there is no excuse for no prompt reply from the suits. Even it is bad news.

aha!creative

I had a sales rep tell me that he would comp me free shipping on an order because their driver forgot to deliver it, then when I placed the order again he refused to do comp the $6 shipping charge. After explaing that I shouldn't have to pay for it since it's now a day late and I don't even need it now, I told him I would just order from someone else. Then he told me if it was a matter of keeping my business he could split it and he would cover $3 of it. Really? I'm disappointed that you didn't keep you word on free shipping, it's SOOOOO not about the $6. I agree, Grimco seems more concerned with scoring new clients than keeping existing ones.

mark galoob

i would like to add to this rant myself about grimco...

the other day i ordered some substrate to be delivered to my buddies sign shop in fort worth since im out of their area of service. lady told me it would be their in the morning so i said yea ill pick it up in the morning.

so around noon i called grimco only to find out someone in wharehousing screwed up and it would not be there till the afternoon. i advise lady at grimco that the order was due to my customer this afternoon and this is causing me a great deal of problems. i had scheduled myself to pick up around noonish and my friends shop is 30 minutes away, and i had appointments so i could not pick up till next day.

so i asked if they could just deliver it here for reg fee this afternoon since im so inconvienced. no way hose' they will not waive any fees, but they are terribly sorry. personally i dont think that my request for reg delivery fee was unreasonable since they screwed up and i was not going to rant but since this grimco thread is started here is my rant...

mark galoob

:wink:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It's hard to believe that Grimco wouldn't just honor it and replace the grommets, I mean we are talking about a few bucks what's the big deal? Looks like I might start selling grommets lol. What sizes do you guys want?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You would think a company that size would have just sent 2 bags of the #2 grommets without charge and a "sorry for the shipping error" note.
Way less paperwork and a happy customer at the other end.

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

jaybeeb

I can't believe anyone would fault the supplier for this. 6 months? Just check the products when they arrive! It's your fault. It's also your responsibility to know the supplier's policy, if you don't like their policy then don't order from them.

TXFB.INS

Never have ordered from them,

have 3 other suppliers who will ship/deliver for free where Grimco constantly wants freight even though they are coming from the same town.

d fleming

My wife deals with vendors to keep me from getting aggrivated with their bs. Just today when she got off the phone with their rep her first words were "what a bi#ch"

ProWraps

Good afternoon boys and girls;

Let me start out by saying that I generally don't like the idea of slamming a supplier especially one who over the years has given great service.

And I don't come to this point lightly, but after numerous attempts to reach someone at Grimco, to help solve what seems to me to be a very simple and inexpensive problem. I seem to be left with no other alternative but to vent here on signs 101. I hope that my experience will be helpful to others in making a decision as to who they wish to buy supplies from.

To begin with him rather small company and not necessarily a large user of supplies. However when I find a supplier who gives me fair prices, outstanding service, and people at the other end of my phone call that understand the importance of quality products I remain loyal to them as long as they perform in a professional manner.

Several weeks ago I noted that I was running out of number 2 grommets for my banner orders. So I went to my supply area and opened the box purchased approximately 6 months ago from Grimco.

Opening one of the bags of 500 count grommets I attempted the load them into my grommet press only to find that they wouldn't fit my die set.
after about 15 min. of taking apart my grommet press making every adjustment I could think of I finally realized that I had in my hands # 1 grommets.

The problem was I had ordered #2 grommets, [2 bags, 1000 count]. So here I am with 3 banners to grommet, and the wrong grommets from my supplier.

Since my supplier is only one day away I figured this would be a simple exchange and I'd move forward finish my product. Wrong.

1st of all the friendly young lady on the end of the phone informs me that since this order was over 6 months old they wouldn't take it back.
What?
These are pieces of metal, in a plastic bag undamaged, unused, it's not like it's paint or vinyl that could go bad sitting on the shelf.

Yep! Sorry rules are rules no returns after 30 days, even if their shipping department screwed up the order. So who can I take this up with?

Perhaps you could talk to somebody at corporate headquarters.

Okay! So I called Michelle Brown in the Resolution Department. Left a very nice message after return my call. Never heard from her!

Waited several days made another call, was put into her voicemail, again never returned my call.

Waited several more days called again, worked my way through their answering machine and finally got to talk to Amy. Amy gave me the same song and dance as the folks here at the local distribution location.

I explained that I'm a long-term customer buy most of my products from Grimco, and would at least like to consider some reasonable options. I suggested I would be willing to exchange the 2 bags of #1 grommets for one bag of #2 grommets, I would eat the difference and continued to do business with Grimco.

Amy said she would have to check with somebody above her pay scale, and would get right back to me. Well, here I am 2 weeks later no return phone calls from anybody at Grimco. and I have now outsourced my grommet sales to another company.

Grimco seems to be so busy buying up other companies [Proveer] and others that taking care of the needs of small sign companies has become secondary to their basic operation.

Well that's fine with me, I told Michelle, Amy, and the guy on the order desk that this situation, though small in nature, was a big deal to me and my company. And it would have an impact on any future business that I might do with Grimco.

Since they don't seem to care about me I will seek out another supplier for my ongoing sign products needs.

Any suggestions regarding knowledgeable, pleasant, cost-effective suppliers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening to my rant I'm off to try and make another dollar.:thankyou:

cliff notes please...