• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco Purchases Proveer

HulkSmash

It's official - Grimco just purchased Proveer. I think it's a smart move. Grimco will now sell Oracal , and Avery, along with other products.

Last edited:

boxerbay

nice. i really like grimco customer service. they have some sort of caller id computer hook up. i call and they answer "hi alex how's it going. did you receive you XXX yesterday ok". know what my previous order was instantly and know exactly where to ship my current order. i just give a po and i'm off the phone and back to work.

megacab

Never dealt with Grimco until yesterday. I was trying to order something from Ver-Mac and Grimco handles the western US for them. The guy I talked with in Denver was extremely helpful and seemed to actually give a crap about my business. They are sending out a full catalog to me and I can say I will definately be doing more with them if this is the way they normally treat people.

sar bossier

It's official - Grimco just purchased Proveer. I think it's a smart move. Grimco will now sell Oracal , and Avery, along with other products.

Adam - Where did you hear this??! I, too would LOVE that - it takes a hella lot longer to get Avery from Denver (Proveer), than my Grimco rep, Missouri ...

HulkSmash

Never dealt with Grimco until yesterday. I was trying to order something from Ver-Mac and Grimco handles the western US for them. The guy I talked with in Denver was extremely helpful and seemed to actually give a crap about my business. They are sending out a full catalog to me and I can say I will definately be doing more with them if this is the way they normally treat people.

Denver Grimco are the best bunch of sales and support guys i have EVER come across. If i run out of ink, or any material in general at 4pm, and i need it for the next morning, one guy runs it in to me on his way to work.. at 7:30 am.. they've waited there for over an Hr after closing SEVERAL times. Just Really Flexible.. if they don't sell something.. they'll just randomly call me back and tell me they did research, and where I can find it...If they ever screw up on a order, they're here 10 minutes later in their personal vehicle with the right stuff. Always a pleasure dealing with them.

Same with proveer. I loved their Denver branch, Their Sales Rep, Gordie - is pretty awesome. Love that guy. Always comes by and talks....not to bother us, but to hang out.. tell us deals that's going on.. printers i may want.. just a good company...

The two together will definitely be a powerhouse in this industry.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Sweet! Grimco has always been very good to us but they are not local. Proveer is local and even has delivery!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The purchase doesnt make sense to me. Unless they are trying to make a bigger push into the Canada market.

CanuckSigns

The purchase doesnt make sense to me. Unless they are trying to make a bigger push into the Canada market.

I hope so, the selection we have is pretty poor, even with Proveer, who has theier head office in Toronto, I would guess that over 50% of their "North American" catalogue is not available to us.

tsgstl

yep they both just called me, came here to see if it was known.
I'll save my thoughts since last time I got a call from one of them when I mentioned them in here.