• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco's Briteline Wrap Vinyl?

FatCat

Curious to see if anyone had feedback on Grimco's new Briteline Wrapcast film? They state it's a 2 mil film with "glide and stick" properties similar to other films. Not really sure I would want to use it on critical projects, but for an economy option for box trucks, trailers and flat panel work to help save costs over Avery and 3M films.

Thanks!

TDFcustomSL

Curious to see if anyone had feedback on Grimco's new Briteline Wrapcast film? They state it's a 2 mil film with "glide and stick" properties similar to other films. Not really sure I would want to use it on critical projects, but for an economy option for box trucks, trailers and flat panel work to help save costs over Avery and 3M films.

Thanks!
It is made by RitRama and BigFish Offers the same stuff for a lower price I believe...

strypguy

I inquired and they said no sample rolls are available. For me it's hard to take the leap without trying a product out but I may if I hear good feedback in the future. Even the salesman I talked to seemed unsure of it's capabilities but compared it to Arlon. John

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
No point in risking it to save a few bucks. Ritrama is garbage. Stick to you know what works.

Ritrama has some really, really great materials, not a lot, but they do have some killer stuff. This new wrap vinyl has been difficult to stock and it isn't about the price, this material is great quality and has a great adhesive. Trust me when I tell you I am so against selling car wrap vinyl but this has been so well received by the installers that I had to move forward with it. It's not for everyone, but if you are familiar with Arlon SLX and you like that then you will really like this version. I respect whatever MFG the installers prefer and this just happens to be one from Ritrama that is actually pretty good.

HulkSmash

Ritrama has some really, really great materials, not a lot, but they do have some killer stuff. This new wrap vinyl has been difficult to stock and it isn't about the price, this material is great quality and has a great adhesive. Trust me when I tell you I am so against selling car wrap vinyl but this has been so well received by the installers that I had to move forward with it. It's not for everyone, but if you are familiar with Arlon SLX and you like that then you will really like this version. I respect whatever MFG the installers prefer and this just happens to be one from Ritrama that is actually pretty good.

installed a 3rd party ritrama wrap 2 months ago. Most garbage material i've put my hands on.

OADesign

I got a couple of small printed samples from Grimco. I don't have any experience with the Arlon product others have mentioned. But I was kinda of put off at the initial tack (or lack thereof) of this product. To me, it feels like adhesive that has been somehow fouled? Like adhesive that is less tacky after something it spilled on it or after it touched a dusty wall. Based on the recommendation from Grimco, I took it a step further and called some other local Sign Cos to see what they thought. One of the guys gave and explanation that killed the idea for me: He said it prints well, price point is good to go. But his install crew HATES it. Their reasoning is that you have to knock it down really (really) hard for it to stick well. Its takes twice the elbow grease to get a good lay (make your on jokes there). Now that may sound like, "Wah Wah its too much work..." But for the job I was considering it for, 35-40 50" x 10' panels, Any extra labor or time just makes no sen$e, just to save a couple bucks. Also they mentioned that the lam is kinda cloudy? And that is not the first time I heard that about the lam in my research. Over all the savings, for me, are not enough to persuade us to change. Even to test a full roll. But for the record, I will stick with Grimco for other stuff. Those guys have gone out of their way to help us out. Many times. They sent me samples and even names of some cos to reach out to for honest opinions.

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I got a couple of small printed samples from Grimco. I don't have any experience with the Arlon product others have mentioned. But I was kinda of put off at the initial tack (or lack thereof) of this product. To me, it feels like adhesive that has been somehow fouled? Like adhesive that is less tacky after something it spilled on it or after it touched a dusty wall. Based on the recommendation from Grimco, I took it a step further and called some other local Sign Cos to see what they thought. One of the guys gave and explanation that killed the idea for me: He said it prints well, price point is good to go. But his install crew HATES it. Their reasoning is that you have to knock it down really (really) hard for it to stick well. Its takes twice the elbow grease to get a good lay (make your on jokes there). Now that may sound like, "Wah Wah its too much work..." But for the job I was considering it for, 35-40 50" x 10' panels, Any extra labor or time just makes no sen$e, just to save a couple bucks. Also they mentioned that the lam is kinda cloudy? And that is not the first time I heard that about the lam in my research. Over all the savings, for me, are not enough to persuade us to change. Even to test a full roll. But for the record, I will stick with Grimco for other stuff. Those guys have gone out of their way to help us out. Many times. They sent me samples and even names of some cos to reach out to for honest opinions.

Yes I understand that but this was specifically made to compete against Arlon SLX which is super similar but with even less tack. I totally get, using a 3rd party wrap material is definitely not for everyone.