Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grimco's Briteline Wrap Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by FatCat, Jul 11, 2018.

1. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Curious to see if anyone had feedback on Grimco's new Briteline Wrapcast film? They state it's a 2 mil film with "glide and stick" properties similar to other films. Not really sure I would want to use it on critical projects, but for an economy option for box trucks, trailers and flat panel work to help save costs over Avery and 3M films.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    It is made by RitRama and BigFish Offers the same stuff for a lower price I believe...

3. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    I inquired and they said no sample rolls are available. For me it's hard to take the leap without trying a product out but I may if I hear good feedback in the future. Even the salesman I talked to seemed unsure of it's capabilities but compared it to Arlon. John

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    No point in risking it to save a few bucks. Ritrama is garbage. Stick to you know what works.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Major Contributor

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Ritrama has some really, really great materials, not a lot, but they do have some killer stuff. This new wrap vinyl has been difficult to stock and it isn't about the price, this material is great quality and has a great adhesive. Trust me when I tell you I am so against selling car wrap vinyl but this has been so well received by the installers that I had to move forward with it. It's not for everyone, but if you are familiar with Arlon SLX and you like that then you will really like this version. I respect whatever MFG the installers prefer and this just happens to be one from Ritrama that is actually pretty good.

6. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.

installed a 3rd party ritrama wrap 2 months ago. Most garbage material i've put my hands on.

7. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    I got a couple of small printed samples from Grimco. I don't have any experience with the Arlon product others have mentioned. But I was kinda of put off at the initial tack (or lack thereof) of this product. To me, it feels like adhesive that has been somehow fouled? Like adhesive that is less tacky after something it spilled on it or after it touched a dusty wall. Based on the recommendation from Grimco, I took it a step further and called some other local Sign Cos to see what they thought. One of the guys gave and explanation that killed the idea for me: He said it prints well, price point is good to go. But his install crew HATES it. Their reasoning is that you have to knock it down really (really) hard for it to stick well. Its takes twice the elbow grease to get a good lay (make your on jokes there). Now that may sound like, "Wah Wah its too much work..." But for the job I was considering it for, 35-40 50" x 10' panels, Any extra labor or time just makes no sen$e, just to save a couple bucks. Also they mentioned that the lam is kinda cloudy? And that is not the first time I heard that about the lam in my research. Over all the savings, for me, are not enough to persuade us to change. Even to test a full roll. But for the record, I will stick with Grimco for other stuff. Those guys have gone out of their way to help us out. Many times. They sent me samples and even names of some cos to reach out to for honest opinions.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  8. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Which one did you try? What was garbage about it?

9. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yes I understand that but this was specifically made to compete against Arlon SLX which is super similar but with even less tack. I totally get, using a 3rd party wrap material is definitely not for everyone.