• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS 750 plus issues

Hello

I am in the monument business and have 2 gs 750 plus, I have one that just went down due to the drum melting! I am in the process of replacing it now, got my refurbished drum for $750.

My other 750 just started to have issues with cutting my letters inconsistent and I am have a hard time tweaking the correct adjustments to get them to cut correct. The issue is that one side of a "0" is thicker than the other side where they are supposed to be the same thickness along with many other letters having similar issues.

I am fairly familiar with this plotter as we have been using them for 15 plus years and have done maintenance on both plotters in the past.
I have performed the following
z axis tool height adjustment
theta axis tool rotation adjustment
have checked both the x and y backlash adjustments
I have adjusted and made sure that my set screws and ball bearings are set in the groove on both the cam shaft and theta shaft.

I have tried little adjustments and just can't seem to get the letters to come out correctly

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 20161021_110946.jpg
    20161021_110946.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 20161021_110951.jpg
    20161021_110951.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 172

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Assuming that the theta does not have any missing teeth, the remedy of first choice we found for many years was a thorough cleaning of all metal shafts followed by a coating of sewing machine oil on the same shafts as well as the oil port on the throwout bearing in the tool head. Gerber plotters are built like tanks but they use bronze bushings that are sensitive to dirt and drying out.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We also do monuments and have been down this road.

From the looks of things, you're getting an extremely ragged cut. My guess is that the key in the tool holder (bore) is not exactly at the 9 o'clock position. This could account for why the stencil is not cutting properly since you may be essentially pushing the knife through the material at a slight angle instead of in line with the cut path. There are instructions for aligning the key in the manual.

JB

We also do monuments and have been down this road.

From the looks of things, you're getting an extremely ragged cut. My guess is that the key in the tool holder (bore) is not exactly at the 9 o'clock position. This could account for why the stencil is not cutting properly since you may be essentially pushing the knife through the material at a slight angle instead of in line with the cut path. There are instructions for aligning the key in the manual.

JB

JB

Thanks, we have re-aligned the key to the 9 position and the issue still occurs, the ragged cut is i need to apply more pressure or re-adjust my height to get a cleaner cut.

Mike

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Are the letters consistently off in the same direction consistently, or is it random?

Try using sign vinyl and see if you get the same results.

JB

Hielorojo

JB

Thanks, we have re-aligned the key to the 9 position and the issue still occurs, the ragged cut is i need to apply more pressure or re-adjust my height to get a cleaner cut.

Mike

I have the same problem with my gsx15plus, not solution for that......clean, adjust, calibrate....not solution, simply not enought accurate plotter.....there is more post from members with the same problem and not solution.
Regards.

Kritze

We had this problem With the "O" a few years ago. If memory serves me right, It was a bearing in the pulley for the belt. It's inside the right side of the machine. Fairly easy to change out.
Another problem we had later was the v-line around a cross for example wouldn't cut a consistent width. Found out it was a loose belt on one of the motors. Even Gerber tech couldn't figure that one out. Just dumb luck on my part.