Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS15 error code problem :-/

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by DeVries Signs, Jul 20, 2012.

1. DeVries Signs

DeVries Signs Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Getting a code #4:

illegal plot data command -Check plot data; resubmit

I have tried shutting the PC down, removing the cables; power cord, still beeeeeeps continuously when powered up.

This HAS been happening intermittently the past few months, and I could always resolve it by restarting computer- so I attributed it to a memory thing. NOW I know it can't be a memory problem...anyone have any advice?? THANKS!!
    job

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Are you using a "spooler" function in your cut program. If so, either abort the plot or close the plot spooler window. I then shut off the plotter, wait a few seconds and then restart it and press the reset button.

That usually seems to solve any hiccups I have.

JB

3. DeVries Signs

DeVries Signs Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Yes, spooler function.

The plotter is beeeepig on start up even if I do not have Omega opened, let alone when trying to plot. It beeps even if I start it up and the computer is shut down completely. :(

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Sounds like help is needed from the Plotter Doctor.

JB

5. DeVries Signs

DeVries Signs Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Have never used him, but I did send out a GS15 motherboard to him 2yrs ago for a repair estimate. His estimate was $950, so I told him "thanks anyway" and had him send the board back. Then I bought a good-working used GS15 on ebay for less than that...

Is he the ONLY place in the US that fixes these out-of-warranty plotters??

Is there another place maybe that isn't 3,000mls away that is rea$onable?? :banghead:

6. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
  7. DeVries Signs

DeVries Signs Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I saw them...thanks. :)

8. DeVries Signs

DeVries Signs Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Sorry to RANT about this, but how can a repair company give you an estimate on the phone for "$950-$1400" to repair a plotter without even seeing it??

So what if it's some $50 part on the mainboard that fried and needed to be replaced...and it's a "2hr job" (for the sake of argument)...you're going to charge the customer at LEAST $1,000 (plus shipping...which is ENORMOUS from NY-CA and BACK)??

MAN...I should open up a "Plotter Fixer" company here on the east coast and charge the same rate$. I'd be retired in 5yrs. :thumb:

SOMEONE please enlighten me here and justify these "flat" rates. :doh:

9. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    part: $50
    knowing WHICH part: priceless

10. DeVries Signs

DeVries Signs Member

Jan 23, 2009