• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS15 error code problem :-/

DeVries Signs

Getting a code #4:

illegal plot data command -Check plot data; resubmit

I have tried shutting the PC down, removing the cables; power cord, still beeeeeeps continuously when powered up.

This HAS been happening intermittently the past few months, and I could always resolve it by restarting computer- so I attributed it to a memory thing. NOW I know it can't be a memory problem...anyone have any advice?? THANKS!!
job

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Are you using a "spooler" function in your cut program. If so, either abort the plot or close the plot spooler window. I then shut off the plotter, wait a few seconds and then restart it and press the reset button.

That usually seems to solve any hiccups I have.

JB

DeVries Signs

Yes, spooler function.

The plotter is beeeepig on start up even if I do not have Omega opened, let alone when trying to plot. It beeps even if I start it up and the computer is shut down completely. :(

Last edited:

DeVries Signs

Sounds like help is needed from the Plotter Doctor.

JB

Have never used him, but I did send out a GS15 motherboard to him 2yrs ago for a repair estimate. His estimate was $950, so I told him "thanks anyway" and had him send the board back. Then I bought a good-working used GS15 on ebay for less than that...

Is he the ONLY place in the US that fixes these out-of-warranty plotters??

Is there another place maybe that isn't 3,000mls away that is rea$onable?? :banghead:

DeVries Signs

Sorry to RANT about this, but how can a repair company give you an estimate on the phone for "$950-$1400" to repair a plotter without even seeing it??

So what if it's some $50 part on the mainboard that fried and needed to be replaced...and it's a "2hr job" (for the sake of argument)...you're going to charge the customer at LEAST $1,000 (plus shipping...which is ENORMOUS from NY-CA and BACK)??

MAN...I should open up a "Plotter Fixer" company here on the east coast and charge the same rate$. I'd be retired in 5yrs. :thumb:

SOMEONE please enlighten me here and justify these "flat" rates. :doh: