• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS15 Plus beeping on start up

Marie

Contacted Gerber tech support yesterday regarding my GS15 plus beeping repeatedly on start up. She determined it was a theta axis error and gave instructions on how to clean the sensor on the motor that rotates the knife. After doing that, the plotter worked great for the rest of the afternoon. Turned it on first thing this morning, and the beeping is back. Hit reset, run single, and counted 10 beeps - which means it is the theta axis again (based on what I was told yesterday). Going to call tech support again - but was hoping that someone here has solved this problem and could share - THANKS!!

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Try cleaning again and blowing with a little compressed air. A little dust can be the problem.

Marie

We think we have fixed the problem. We opened up the back of the plotter and used the canned air again - but still got the beeping error. However, while cover was off, we saw that a collar that helps hold the belt in position had a screw that had sheared in half. We scavenged another one off of our old, out-of-service plotter and replaced it. That seems to have solved the problem. The plotter ran great all afternoon and started-up with no problem this morning.